Sign in to follow this  
tzaeru

Game browser woes

It's a bit wonky. Favorites don't seem to stick. Sometimes - usually after refreshing it or coming back from  a game or switching queues - it wont load all servers. Interestingly enough, restarting the game doesn't necessarily always help. Instead it'll take a few minutes for games to load again.

Some kind of a feature for dropping into any server with a specific criteria with a friend group would be really rad. But overall the biggest problem with the server browser is just that it's slow and unreliable.

Another thing; Just waited in queue for 30 minutes. After it showed 7/15 for a good while, I went to check the server list from here https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/squad

And 'lo - the map had changed and we were still stuck in the queue that had stalled.

Actually getting into a game is currently the biggest problem.

This has happened to me a lot recently. 

Refresh the list often if the queue information doesnt change. Sometimes you find the server has empty slots and you are waiting for nothing.

Okay, this thing where I get stuck in the queue happened again and this time map hadn't even changed!

I was stuck on 2/6 and a friend joined me in the queue - he ended up to position 3/3. So I realized that yeah the queue has frozen again. I rejoined and 'lo, I was 4/4.

Since I've noticed that this tends to happen if the map changes while you queue, I kept updating web based server lists to see if the map changes. But the map hadn't changed and I still got stuck queueing..

Honestly atm the biggest hurdle with this game is actually getting into a game.