Jump to content

Recommended Posts

If it's going to take 2 - 3 shots to kill someone I think there needs to be additional effects based on where you land a shot to reward players who were in a better position and spotted the enemy first.

 

It's very frustrating to be in a better position with a semi-rifle at 30 - 60 meters, manage to land two shots on a player only to have him turn with his auto and gun you down.

 

Just a few ideas not a comprehensive list....

 

1. Shot in the leg or foot, - I think this should result in immediate collapse of the player to prone instead of the player continuing bursting at full sprint. After the player is forced to go prone, I think they should be allow to stand up but with no ability to sprint and reduced walking speed. 

 

2. Lower spine, hip - immediate collapse and inability to get up from prone. 

 

3. Anywhere on the torso except spine, heart and, lungs - immediate bleeding, no ability to sprint, reduced walking speed, heavy gun sway, reduced accuracy. 

 

4. Arms, hands, shoulders - heavy gun sway, reduced accuracy. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26-10-2019 at 2:56 PM, budder8818 said:

2. Lower spine, hip - immediate collapse and inability to get up from prone. 

 

Yeah like Operation flaspoint did!

 

But then again, there firm discision to leave gore absent from the game renders a lower spine injured person to not be identified correctly because you can't show any sign of being wounded. You will just see somebody proning around without knowing he's hurt.

Edited by Pharanaiton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are trying to make this a arcade/sim experience, not ultra hardcore arma 3 type shit, bad ideas imo lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, StonedAF said:

They are trying to make this a arcade/sim experience, not ultra hardcore arma 3 type shit, bad ideas imo lmao

True, but a little dazzle when getting shot is not ultra hardcore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/10/2019 at 7:56 AM, budder8818 said:

If it's going to take 2 - 3 shots to kill someone I think there needs to be additional effects based on where you land a shot to reward players who were in a better position and spotted the enemy first.

 

It's very frustrating to be in a better position with a semi-rifle at 30 - 60 meters, manage to land two shots on a player only to have him turn with his auto and gun you down.

 

Just a few ideas not a comprehensive list....

 

1. Shot in the leg or foot, - I think this should result in immediate collapse of the player to prone instead of the player continuing bursting at full sprint. After the player is forced to go prone, I think they should be allow to stand up but with no ability to sprint and reduced walking speed. 

 

2. Lower spine, hip - immediate collapse and inability to get up from prone. 

 

3. Anywhere on the torso except spine, heart and, lungs - immediate bleeding, no ability to sprint, reduced walking speed, heavy gun sway, reduced accuracy. 

 

4. Arms, hands, shoulders - heavy gun sway, reduced accuracy. 

 

I like this but remember that your aim has to do with you landing shots or not and the skill of the other player is important too. If he has insane reflexes and flicks u can’t blame him for being good. So i think a harder punch effect and some of those are great.Although u falling down right away isn’t necessarily true. U have 2 legs and u can limp before complete disability of your 2 legs or any lower body part. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2019 at 9:17 AM, StonedAF said:

They are trying to make this a arcade/sim experience, not ultra hardcore arma 3 type shit, bad ideas imo lmao

Even something as arcady as Rising Storm 2 has people slowing down when shot in the legs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2019 at 10:17 AM, StonedAF said:

They are trying to make this a arcade/sim experience, not ultra hardcore arma 3 type shit, bad ideas imo lmao

I don't think "arcade" should be used when trying to describe squad. Sure, we don't want the arma experience but the intention was always to stay closer to sim than your typical action FPS experience. IF anything, they have been moving further and further away from the sim experience and I think that needs to stop now. Squad is not even close to Arma or PR...the main reason why is because of how the spawn system works and the importance of logistics and transportation in those games. OWI has distilled that part down using FOBS, rallies and buddy rallies; which is fine, I think it works and maintains the pace of the game for hardcore and casual players. But keep the gun play hardcore, at this point I remember world at war having more punishing shot effects in hardcore mode. Keeping the gun play hard core will encourage tactics, leadership and a slower gameplay pace. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OWI are hoping experiment with the medical system post 1.0 release(which is when dragging will be focused on too). I wouldn't expect something super detailed like Arma's ACE advanced system, but we'll have to wait until 1.0  to see what OWI experiments with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×