KINGACID

We need smaller maps for more close combat action

I know that Squad is a squad based game but as people can see, the smaller maps are the most popular. We need more of dose smaller city or Irak town maps

2 hours ago, KINGACID said:

I know that Squad is a squad based game but as people can see, the smaller maps are the most popular. We need more of dose smaller city or Irak town maps

There are Skirmish layers for pretty much every map, what more do you want?

6 hours ago, KINGACID said:

Claims and requests like this are proof that SQUAD has attracted a more arcade oriented audience and now struggles to find its identity.

6 hours ago, Nightingale87 said:

Claims and requests like this are proof that SQUAD has attracted a more arcade oriented audience and now struggles to find its identity.

Its only struggling because of the exact opposite reasons in my opinion. The game could easily be programmed for diversification to satisfy the Competitive, Casual and PR communities. Consider CS:GO as the model with its many different modes. Thousands of people playing freestyle rap surfing all the way to hardcore competitive for real money.

If tomorrow the game was changed to nothing more than the exact clone of PR that you guys want the daily peaks would be lucky to crack 500.

16 hours ago, KINGACID said:

I know that Squad is a squad based game but as people can see, the smaller maps are the most popular.

How do you even know this? Right now the big helicopter maps are usually the most played.

You know when you go into a town or tight terrain you are in CQB correct? Even if it takes you miles to get there...

Edited by tmpwhore

4 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Its only struggling because of the exact opposite reasons in my opinion. The game could easily be programmed for diversification to satisfy the Competitive, Casual and PR communities. Consider CS:GO as the model with its many different modes. Thousands of people playing freestyle rap surfing all the way to hardcore competitive for real money.

If tomorrow the game was changed to nothing more than the exact clone of PR that you guys want the daily peaks would be lucky to crack 500.

"The PR clones we guys want" Errr….no.

We have been asking for different game modes for quite some time now. And you used to be against having different modes. I´m happy to see you have changed your mind.

1 hour ago, Nightingale87 said:

"The PR clones we guys want" Errr….no.

We have been asking for different game modes for quite some time now. And you used to be against having different modes. I´m happy to see you have changed your mind.

I think you're mistaking me for someone else. Either that or I was simply mocking someone by parroting the narrative that's been pushed from the beginning that alternative game modes would fracture the player base.

Right from the start I gave the suggestion of including the classic modes like TDM, CTF & TKOTH and was flamed by a bunch of PRaphiles that are long since gone. And as recently as last month I made the suggestion of splitting off a "Classic" version of the game that was Infantry only.

6 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

How do you even know this? Right now the big helicopter maps are usually the most played.

The problem with this game is that you have to be lucky to form a good Squad and at the same time all other Squad in your team, and what i see now more often, Squad of two player locking there Squad and People forming Squads to get the marksman position and throwing the Squad leader position to other players than the Squad just drop down, than you end up with a shit team. I like Squad the way it’s built but having smaller maps i think will make the game more accessible. Big maps are cool but like i sed when everything works, when more than half of the players in the team are doing what they have to do.  

Edited by KINGACID

6 hours ago, tmpwhore said:

You know when you go into a town or tight terrain you are in CQB correct? Even if it takes you miles to get there...

The miles to get there sucks when no body are building FOB or don’t know what there doing. I’m not saying, eliminate big maps, just saying to had more small maps and players could decide in witch types of maps they would like to play in. 

7 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

Heli maps just started this is why, and there is no Heli in smaller maps lol, like i sed in other comments, you have to be lucky the get in a good Squad that knows what there doing. This game is still in it’s early state but Dev’s will have to do something to get it going, When Tarkov was at it’s peak i sed to Dev’s Tarkov would crash, I told them to get better anti cheats and fix net code  ect... and the Dev’s came back to me saying they had no problem, Tarkov is now DEAD . Keep only big maps In this game people will stop playing over time because teams of Squads have to be working together for big maps to be flowing, 8 years old kids are getting in server not only 35 years old hardcore player ( for example )   So ok lets all go play Battlefield or call of duty but Fanboy of Squad will be missing player in there servers 

Edited by KINGACID

3 hours ago, KINGACID said:

The problem with this game is that you have to be lucky to form a good Squad and at the same time all other Squad in your team, and what i see now more often, Squad of two player locking there Squad and People forming Squads to get the marksman position and throwing the Squad leader position to other players than the Squad just drop down, than you end up with a shit team. I like Squad the way it’s built but having smaller maps i think will make the game more accessible. Big maps are cool but like i sed when everything works, when more than half of the players in the team are doing what they have to do.  

Then you need to play on other servers. What you are saying is that because there is bad teamwork, you would rather have servers play maps, that are more COD like with more action and shooting than having bigger maps that require teamwork. Thats the opposite direction of what Squad is trying to be.

Playing smaller maps will only make those players who dont teamwork play more on those servers that run these maps, how the hell is this a solution?

On 21/10/2019 at 9:49 AM, Nightingale87 said:

Struggle? What struggle? It has already chosen its path. Just not the one that I like...

Edited by RB79BALL

You want close combat action and nearly every Objective in the game is already focused on close combat action ~40-80m, if you expose yourself and getting shot from the distance it's your own fault.

Btw the "big" maps like skorpo, yeho, talil, gorodock are at best medium-sized and all of them feature close combat action on nearly every single flag. Usually, the combat takes place in and around the flag zone but rarely between them.

If you want instant action, very small maps and a more action per minute just wait a few months if Squad gets even more casual or play something different that has such gameplay u like.

On 21/10/2019 at 1:18 PM, KINGACID said:

I know that Squad is a squad based game but as people can see, the smaller maps are the most popular. 

I disagree, please provide stats to back up your claim.

Has there ever been talk of maps with indoor assaults like shopping centre clearance, hotel siege or embassy lockdown / takeovers. Could be an interesting angle. 

I dunno about ppl lovin' smaller maps, man. I actually prefer larger maps with vehicles and shit. 

Although a CQB style map would be a cool edition sense every map we have is a battlefield. 

Sumari invasion is a complete mess, it has everything you need when it comes to CQB, you can never win as US but it doesnt matter, its fun as hell.

I personally want a 'true' Eastern Europe map. A grey and dirty city. Like this:

02_1024.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Posted (edited)
On 2019-12-29 at 10:08 AM, Pluto is a planet said:

Sumari invasion is a complete mess, it has everything you need when it comes to CQB, you can never win as US but it doesnt matter, its fun as hell.

I personally want a 'true' Eastern Europe map. A grey and dirty city. Like this:

02_1024.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

It is strange that the European maps have little to no battlefield damage. I suppose we're meant to assume that fighting in Narva and Skorpo has just begun. That image is from a warzone, correct? I wouldn't call that "true" Eastern Europe, as most of the region enjoys a tenuous peace today based on Post-Soviet power structures developed during Post-Soviet conflicts. The damage today is highly localized to relatively small conflict zones compared to the past.

Edited by pinko
clarity

On 10/21/2019 at 3:22 PM, tmpwhore said:

You nailed it. This guy just doesn't want to deal with the logistics of a large map.

OMG! :D:D

THIS game isn't CSGO!!! Squads point is to be BIG and tactical! Sometimes veryyyyy slow pace. Hope maps gets EVEN BIGGER :)