Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
KINGACID

Shooting objects or the ground in front of my sight and hit registration

Recommended Posts

I started playing this summer and i can see that there is a problem with the shooting in this game, most of the time when we are prone or behind objects standing up, when we fire with our weapon looking through scope, we hit the ground, objects or wall in front of us. Is this going to get fixed. Hit registration hitting other players is not working half of the time. 

Are the dev’s working on this ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sounds like: not a bug.

for the explanation, click on the arrow 

 

hit registration is another issue - i know nothing about it tho.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KINGACID said:

I started playing this summer and i can see that there is a problem with the shooting in this game, most of the time when we are prone or behind objects standing up, when we fire with our weapon looking through scope, we hit the ground, objects or wall in front of us. Is this going to get fixed. Hit registration hitting other players is not working half of the time. 

Are the dev’s working on this ? 

It's called "Height over bore". Here's an optic on a rifle of mine to give an exaggerated instance of what's happening. You see the top line, the bullet travels the bottom line.

F4cvDty.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Rybec said:

It's called "Height over bore". Here's an optic on a rifle of mine to give an exaggerated instance of what's happening. You see the top line, the bullet travels the bottom line.

F4cvDty.jpg

This is a game and there is no way we can see this in a game, in real life ok you have two eyes open and you know where your gun barrel is, but not in a game. Explain this to me now this happening with hand guns smart boy.  Games have to be made practical, you can’t reproduce 100% real life thing like this

Edited by KINGACID

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, KINGACID said:

This is a game and there is no way we can see this in a game, in real life ok you have two eyes open and you know where your gun barrel is, but not in a game. Explain this to me now this happening with hand guns smart boy.  Games have to be made practical, you can’t reproduce 100% real life thing like this

The idea is that the gun is simulated as close as it can be in real life. irl you can shoot above your sights based on how they are zeroed, this can happen in squad. I think the collision on props (or ground) is a bigger part of the problem. I’ve had instances where my barrel is very obviously above the ground and I still shoot dirt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Squad has a true first person perspective so you can see your body & legs instead just your arms & weapons. That said, if I recall from a passing glance at the blueprint in the SDK the digital pew pews come from the business end of the barrel. Just for reference in CS:GO pew pews come out of your forehead if I recall correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-10-21 at 3:47 AM, Rybec said:

It's called "Height over bore". Here's an optic on a rifle of mine to give an exaggerated instance of what's happening. You see the top line, the bullet travels the bottom line.

F4cvDty.jpg

 

What really compounds the problem is that we cant rest our guns on ledges and also you cant fix your posture behind cover. If you crouch and your barrel isnt above the cover, too bad. Where as in real life you just wont crouch so low. Some games fix your posture automatically behind cover when you ADS to allow you to shoot behind that cover

Edited by warrior6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2019 at 8:40 PM, KINGACID said:

This is a game and there is no way we can see this in a game, in real life ok you have two eyes open and you know where your gun barrel is, but not in a game. Explain this to me now this happening with hand guns smart boy.  Games have to be made practical, you can’t reproduce 100% real life thing like this

Ever tried freelook down?

Also, inexperienced shooters IRL fail at it, why is it not okay for you, who hasn't played the game much, to fail at it?

Edited by EcchiRevenge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×