daniboyrulez

BMP-1 Vs BMP-2

What’s your opinion, BMP-1 better or BMP-2?

Edited by daniboyrulez

30 minutes ago, daniboyrulez said:

So I find that when I play in pretty much any server, I get around 60% of the time is either America vs Russia, or Britain vs Russia. I don’t know why there can’t be more Militia and Insurgents team per match, or hell, even Canadians. I feel like they don’t get as much love as they should, and I find they are so much more fun to play with, since you got more vehicles to choose from, along with your weapons. And even the tactics change a lot to really get that Militia/Insurgent feel. I don’t know if anyone else agrees with me, but what would you guys suggest? More or less Insurgents/Militia

Agreed. Not only that, go into the console and see the entire myriad of wonderful creative layers and different game modes that are never even hosted. The private servers are completely biased to give you the general public a myopic view of the game in this respect.

This is what happens when you let private individuals be the front end of your game for four years instead of hosting official servers and showcasing all the great creative work your team has accomplished though. You can't blame them for having their own personal bias though.

Not only that, since the beginning after every single new patch I've always make a special point of going into the console and spending hours going into each and every layer simply just to check out the coll environments. Needless to say, subsequently those layers get removed with each patch so unless you checked them out in the console you missed your opportunity. So much lost potential, I don't understand why official layers aren't allowed to accumulate.

That's just the nature of it though. There is no [OWI] corporate store, only the franchises hosting basically the same old Sumari layer for seeding purposes and then switching to the same old tired rotations.

So much lost potential to showcase the game with official 24/7 servers of every map and mode which could potentially increase playership but instead you only get this limited view of the game.

Take Skorpo for example. That is one super creative map with all kinds of potential for different strategies and tactics yet you hardly see it hosted anymore. Same with the CAS maps. Poof, gone.

Edited by Zylfrax791

The BMP-2 is far better. Not only does it have more elevation for the main gun(a lesson learned in Afghanistan), it's up armoured and more engine power, better sights and night vision, updated NBC system and has a more powerful and accurate ATGM. That's why it's called a BMP-"2" instead of BMP-"1+". The BMP-3 is even more crazier, if we get that in the game it might even be OP. That has a 100mm gun/missle launcher, a 30mm and a coax machine gun and is even more up armoured and better in everyway. It would really destroy the Bradley's out there and become even more of a threat to MBT's than the BMP-1 or 2.

Edited by tmpwhore

On 10/18/2019 at 9:36 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

Agreed.

Looks like you got the old baitnswitch

For some reason BMP-1 has no stabilization(at least when used as Insurgents; even though a later variant added stabilizers: Ob'yekt 765Sp2 ); nor working rangefinder.

So until those problems are addressed, BMP-2 is better.

Edited by EcchiRevenge

On 10/28/2019 at 5:28 AM, EcchiRevenge said:

For some reason BMP-1 has no stabilization(at least when used as Insurgents; even though a later variant added stabilizers: Ob'yekt 765Sp2 ); nor working rangefinder.

So until those problems are addressed, BMP-2 is better.

As far as I'm aware the non-stabilisation is accurate. I'm not expert but it seems like the majority of BMP-1s in the world lack stabilization.

Especially since the BMP-1 is only used by irregular forces in Squad it makes sense that it would be an older model rather than an updated version. 

The fact that the BMP-1 turret lacks anything fancy is also the reason it can be mounted on anything:
bTbIY9I.jpg

Hopefully we get some of this in Squad at some point.

On 10/28/2019 at 9:08 PM, Stom said:

As far as I'm aware the non-stabilisation is accurate. I'm not expert but it seems like the majority of BMP-1s in the world lack stabilization.

Especially since the BMP-1 is only used by irregular forces in Squad it makes sense that it would be an older model rather than an updated version. 

The fact that the BMP-1 turret lacks anything fancy is also the reason it can be mounted on anything:
bTbIY9I.jpg

Hopefully we get some of this in Squad at some point.

What I referred to was only the 2nd generation of BMP-1, there were three.
Makes no sense that the later two generations would be less numerous.

You can try to justify it as being export monkey model, but they still have SACLOS missile( 9M14P  started production in 1969, same year as when that specific version of BMP-1 is produced, coincidence?).

Edited by EcchiRevenge