daniboyrulez

Make Militia/Insurgents more common

So I find that when I play in pretty much any server, I get around 60% of the time is either America vs Russia, or Britain vs Russia. I don’t know why there can’t be more Militia and Insurgents team per match, or hell, even Canadians. I feel like they don’t get as much love as they should, and I find they are so much more fun to play with, since you got more vehicles to choose from, along with your weapons. And even the tactics change a lot to really get that Militia/Insurgent feel. I don’t know if anyone else agrees with me, but what would you guys suggest? More or less Insurgents/Militia

This is a problem that I have noticed as well. Thankfully this isn't a problem that needs to be fixed by the devs. They have made layer after layer for each map. Its all based on the server you are playing on. Most servers stick to the same map and layer rotation day in and day out. I'd love to play more of the Canadians but have only seen it twice since it was released. Same with Scorpo. I'm not even sure that something like a map vote system would help this issue. In a game like Rising Storm 2, the same handful of maps are chosen time after time. In squad, most people would just pick whatever map has the Americans on it.

You kinda gotta hope some server decides to pick some of the less played layers. Ive still only played insurgency one time out of almost 300 hours in the game.

This isn't a dev issue, its a sever host issue. A lot of people don't enjoy playing militia/insurgents vs the conventional forces, so players that host servers will stick more to conventional vs conventional. The dislike for militia/insurgents is obvious too; when you lod into a game and look at the player counts for each team most people, are trying to get onto the other team if they are placed on militia/insurgents. Most can't find the fun in fighting players with scopes while they use iron sights and I can't blame them. 

I'm the opposite I love playing the insurgents, after all....A little Jihad never hurt anyone...

Get up close and personal and use ambush shoot and scoot tactics. 

Edited by tmpwhore

On 10/20/2019 at 12:46 PM, Hunam394 said:

Most can't find the fun in fighting players with scopes while they use iron sights and I can't blame them. 

I hate that this is the way it plays out. More people need to start suppressing their enemies. If you only try to make kill shots, you are doing it wrong.

On 10/23/2019 at 8:51 PM, Geebus said:

I hate that this is the way it plays out. More people need to start suppressing their enemies. If you only try to make kill shots, you are doing it wrong.

having iron sights doesn't give you a suppression advantage. Its just that the conventional forces have better and more easily controllable small arms and machine guns and better vehicles. The only thing that is fun about insurgents and militia is their IEDs and rocket trucks which isn't emphasized or featured by the game as much. For example, there are no actual suicide bombers because of controversy and there isn't other more powerful unconventional weapons like chemical mortars or something equally as nasty and frowned upon by conventional forces. 

They also don't have awesome and "fun" weapons or features like this:

Post image

Post image

Militia and insurgents need more " contraption / put together in some garage " type vehicles and suicide bombers. If we're not going to have suicide bombers because of controversy then they should at least have more of the above mentioned vehicles and they should be able to shoot out of them like the infamous "abu hajar" video where they have this home made armored vehicle and guys are sitting in the back firing RPGs. Designing Insurgents or militia can be really fun because you can get really creative since you don't have to worry as much about having official equipment and vehicles like conventional forces. There are accounts of insurgents using radio shack type home made drones. something like that instead of a helicopter for example which can drop simple grenades would be really fun. 

Edited by warrior6

3 hours ago, warrior6 said:

... The only thing that is fun about insurgents and militia is their IEDs and rocket trucks which isn't emphasized or featured by the game as much. For example, there are no actual suicide bombers because of controversy and there isn't other more powerful unconventional weapons like chemical mortars or something equally as nasty and frowned upon by conventional forces. 

Militia and insurgents need more " contraption / put together in some garage " type vehicles and suicide bombers. If we're not going to have suicide bombers because of controversy then they should at least have more of the above mentioned vehicles and they should be able to shoot out of them like the infamous "abu hajar" video where they have this home made armored vehicle and guys are sitting in the back firing RPGs. Designing Insurgents or militia can be really fun because you can get really creative since you don't have to worry as much about having official equipment and vehicles like conventional forces. There are accounts of insurgents using radio shack type home made drones. something like that instead of a helicopter for example which can drop simple grenades would be really fun. 

You are speaking my language!

I'm really hoping these sorts of things are being developed for irregulars to stop them from feeling like neutered conventional forces as they do currently. I remember seeing the devs say they have a lot of plans for more kinds of technicals but that was ages ago and we haven't seen anything new since the armoured variants were released.

Because you have to have either skill or luck(mostly luck) to win as insurgents against blufor.

Because Squad has no functional Insurgency mode(with caches + unlimited tickets + civi kits for insurgents).

I play insurgents if I want to shame shitty blufor team by killing more people than their APCs(which I blow up with IED...etc.).
But it gets significantly more difficult if blufor team has 1-2 squads that knows what they're doing.

Until buddyrallies...etc. gets removed from blufor and only kept on insurgents/militia, you're going to see a lot more conventional AAS(even then, Russians get the short end of the stick).

Edited by EcchiRevenge

Just to let you know that's not a T-55 turret it's a BMP-1 turret, look at the sagger missle on there. A T-55 turret would probably make the truck un drivable from the weight. They probably salvaged a turret from a dead BMP-1 and just stuck it on the truck.

Edited by tmpwhore