Geebus

Addition of Warrior ATGM

When playing as the UK on certain maps, I have noticed the anti vehicle capability of the FV510 to be lacking. Against IFVs and APCs it performs to a level I would expect but when up against main battle tanks, the vehicle has no reliable way to defend itself. Seeing that the Russians now have the BMP-2, I would love to see the Warrior get its Milan 2 launcher added. With this added launcher, the British would have access to some middle ground anti vehicle capability.  As of now, really only the Challenger poses any threat to a T-72.

Thoughts on this idea?

MLRS and mobile artillery/mortars across all factions would be a welcome addition as well in lieu of the fact that there will never flyable fixed wing aircraft.

On 10/17/2019 at 6:01 PM, Geebus said:

When playing as the UK on certain maps, I have noticed the anti vehicle capability of the FV510 to be lacking. Against IFVs and APCs it performs to a level I would expect but when up against main battle tanks, the vehicle has no reliable way to defend itself. Seeing that the Russians now have the BMP-2, I would love to see the Warrior get its Milan 2 launcher added. With this added launcher, the British would have access to some middle ground anti vehicle capability.  As of now, really only the Challenger poses any threat to a T-72.

Thoughts on this idea?

Sounds like a learn2aim problem.  Just need to flank and shoot the ammorack.
Warrior already has more hp to tank an extra tank round.

Also, iirc Warrior with Milan are relatively rare.

Edited by EcchiRevenge

9 hours ago, EcchiRevenge said:

Also, iirc Warrior with Milan are relatively rare.

I noticed this when I was originally researching this topic. I always kinda assumed that maybe one Warrior would get the launcher and the rest at base would be the normal type.

As to the learn2aim issue, I never want to see IFVs engaging tanks directly. Its silly and usually a waste of a vehicle. Maybe this is because I use Warriors exclusively as a pc that supports the dismounted infantry and engages enemy armor and personnel in their direct vicinity. I don't like losing my transport after every engagement as they are either dead or have to RTB due to taking heavy damage.

12 hours ago, Geebus said:

I noticed this when I was originally researching this topic. I always kinda assumed that maybe one Warrior would get the launcher and the rest at base would be the normal type.

As to the learn2aim issue, I never want to see IFVs engaging tanks directly. Its silly and usually a waste of a vehicle. Maybe this is because I use Warriors exclusively as a pc that supports the dismounted infantry and engages enemy armor and personnel in their direct vicinity. I don't like losing my transport after every engagement as they are either dead or have to RTB due to taking heavy damage.

None of the IFVs were supposed to engage tanks directly.

Just because ATGM can damage front of a tank that doesn't mean it will win, since it takes longer to load ATGM and tank two-shots BMP if not one.