Peerun

What happened to multi-lane AAS?

Are multi-lane AAS layers gone or are servers simply not running them? What happened to PAAS? Single lane AAS and RAAS is getting pretty boring at this point. Would be nice to have them for maps like Gorodok and Yehorivka, atleast, especially now that helis are in the game.

15 minutes ago, Peerun said:

Are multi-lane AAS layers gone or are servers simply not running them? What happened to PAAS? Single lane AAS and RAAS is getting pretty boring at this point. Would be nice to have them for maps like Gorodok and Yehorivka, atleast, especially now that helis are in the game.

You can always go into the console and starting with the first letter and see what variations are currently available in each map. I do remember that the Fools Road layer was bugged out. Seems like other ones were bugged out too if I recall.

On 10/17/2019 at 5:31 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

You can always go into the console and starting with the first letter and see what variations are currently available in each map. I do remember that the Fools Road layer was bugged out. Seems like other ones were bugged out too if I recall.

This. Even if there were no issues to the layers, most servers don't run anything that you haven't played a billion times. I've still only played insurgency one time in my hundreds of hours.

On 10/22/2019 at 4:08 AM, Guan_Yu007 said:

Wish RPAAS would become a thing, then again TC takes care of AAS's shortcomings imo.

My problem with TC is the arbitrary hexagonal grid which makes very little sense with regard to the terrain, structures and other features of the actual map. In this respect there is another small Indie game called Tannenberg that has perfected the mode in my opinion. In that game the capture points are similar to Squad AAS however once you capture the strategic point your team takes control of an entire region which then unlocks spawn points. The trouble with Tannenberg however is the fact that all the maps are very small in comparison to Squad.

8 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

My problem with TC is the arbitrary hexagonal grid which makes very little sense with regard to the terrain, structures and other features of the actual map. In this respect there is another small Indie game called Tannenberg that has perfected the mode in my opinion. In that game the capture points are similar to Squad AAS however once you capture the strategic point your team takes control of an entire region which then unlocks spawn points. The trouble with Tannenberg however is the fact that all the maps are very small in comparison to Squad.

I've always had similar problems with TC. On some maps it seems that it doesn't work at all. At times it seems that there are too many people for too small of an area. This causes some squads to go back and forth through a couple of points to get at some dudes who captured random open field 14 where they would be more realistically in big compound 12 covering two or three adjacent hexes.