MrPapaBearFreddy

IMPORTANT FEEDBACKS

Hey everyone, this is MrPapaBearFreddy on steam!

So let's Begin!

(Suggestions)

Helicopters:  I strongly believe that the landing system needs to be improved. There is some tweaks you can do to make the landing more realistic. As for the camera to look down for me it's extremely annoying. Once you all fix the landing problems the camera feature for landing will come into play much better. Now let's talk about the little birdy being super squishy, cmon guys make the helicopters more durable cause they get shot down so easy that we can't even maneuver out of combat fire. My suggestions is make it so it doesn't blow up easy but easier engine failures, tail spin crash, damaged flaps, something more realistic.  It would be amazing if you can add a fuel system for the vehicles and helicopters, this will make the game 100% more realistic and challenging. Not only does the pilots needs to keep aware of the fuel meter but weight of passengers would be a perfect challenge as a pilot (I am a real pilot so this makes my day). As for Joysticks I would love to see more customization implemented for that, because right now it's so limited that it's not worth using. For the love of god add smoke or flares to the helicopters.

(Spawn Times): Helicopters shouldn't have a long wait, I suggest may be 2 mins or less. (Due to people crashing helicopters left and right trying to land it)

(Player Suggestions): For the love of god please add more of these-

-More Types of weapons

-More realistic Reviving/Patching/medic actions

-Weather Changes (Rain, Storms, nights, Tornados ) just to make the game more challenging as a soldier dealing with real weather situations. For example when tornado from distance doesn't have to be where players are, it can effect helicopters from having full control(makes it harder to fly). Here is another example: Storms makes it harder to see for soldiers, helicopters controls is worse, tanks and vehicles have harder time traveling.

-Parachute would be a great addition to jumping out a helicopter. (Or if you REALLY want to impress everyone.. add rope drops so solders can rope down a hover.(I know this should have been in helicopters section but it came to mind just now)

-Would be amazing to loot on the Fallon(ammo, patches etc)

(Training): I really think you should make a few servers dedicated to helicopter training with instant respawn when blown up, 6 sets of each helicopter and allot of landing location challenges.(want to make it even more fun do squad challenges to that flight training)

Same thing make a few servers dedicated for tanks etc(squad challenges as well)

This will make less problems with bad players and a great place for people to practice(also for gods sake disable killing each other in these servers, people tend to be dicks in them)

OH before I forget!

PLEASE LET US SEE when we die.. (example : crash, shot, explosions etc) at least 5 seconds so it gives us the full effect of our mistakes(I know sounds silly but I hate when I die , it instantly snaps me back to deploy lol... I don't see me die nothing.. which is kinda boring /lame)

you don't have to show us who shot us.. just leave the cam on for a few seconds so we feel the full effect of what happened lol

I will be giving allot more feedback but this should be a great start! I really do hope you all read this and let me know if it helped in any way or what is changing from my suggestions.

Faster respawn : no. There are dedicated servers with faster respawn ... in BATTLEFIELD games.

Parachute: no. There are a lot of parchutes , guess where ? In BATTLEFIELD games.

See when we die : well in BATTLEFIELD ... I'm joking, you are right : would be helpful to understand how we die.

4 hours ago, MrPapaBearFreddy said:

Now let's talk about the little birdy being super squishy, cmon guys make the helicopters more durable cause they get shot down so easy that we can't even maneuver out of combat fire.

I mean.. I survived a tank shell and managed to land for repairs, and fly off again. Helis are super fast, they should not be that durable, being shot at by 30mils should wreck your shit. A good pilot knows where to and where not to go with his helicopter.

It would be amazing if you can add a fuel system for the vehicles and helicopters, this will make the game 100% more realistic and challenging.

This might go a bit too far. Squad isn't meant to be fully realistic, it's a game with some realistic elements based solely on teamwork. Then again, i'd be open to see it happening, i can adjust if others want em.

As for Joysticks I would love to see more customization implemented for that, because right now it's so limited that it's not worth using.

Yeah, this seems fair, it's really shit to fly with a joystick apparently, so 100% good suggestion.

For the love of god add smoke or flares to the helicopters.

There's no heat-seeking weaponry in the game, maybe once that's in then yeah, but right now it has no purpose.

Helicopters shouldn't have a long wait, I suggest may be 2 mins or less.

No, if players are dumb enough to crash their helicopter, they should be punished. If their team lets them fly again afterwards, it's their fault.

Helicopters are extremely OP when used right, me and a buddy literally broke a 20 minute stalemate on Talil using our heli as support and surveilance. And before that we snuck behind the enemy's next cap point and put a fob down there, so once the stalemate was gone, we rolled over them thanks to one single helicopter. If anything, the respawn timer should be longer.

For the love of god please add more of these-

-More Types of weapons

-More realistic Reviving/Patching/medic actions

Seems fair, though keep in mind the weapons have to fit with what the real life versions of those factions use. Russia, US Army, Canadians and Brits have standard weaponry, they should stick to that. As for the medics, i'd like to see some improvements too (dragging).

5 hours ago, MrPapaBearFreddy said:

Weather Changes (Rain, Storms, nights, Tornados ) just to make the game more challenging as a soldier dealing with real weather situations.

Agreed on this except tornadoes, seriously nobody would initiate a big battle with a tornado in the area..

Parachute would be a great addition to jumping out a helicopter.

Eh, i'd rather have buddy rally be replaced by a commander-called paradrop than this stuff. Last thing i want to see is people randomly jump out of my helicopter, kinda destroys the reason for me to try and take the guys somewhere and land.

Would be amazing to loot on the Fallon

Not sure about this.. People already die way before they run out of ammo, this might worsen the issue and make logistics useless.

I really think you should make a few servers dedicated to helicopter training with instant respawn when blown up, 6 sets of each helicopter and allot of landing location challenges.

Ey if you want to create the map/mod for it and host a server i'm sure lots of people will appreciate it.

PLEASE LET US SEE when we die

Fair.

4 hours ago, El Pube said:

Faster respawn : no. There are dedicated servers with faster respawn ... in BATTLEFIELD games.

Parachute: no. There are a lot of parchutes , guess where ? In BATTLEFIELD games.

See when we die : well in BATTLEFIELD ... I'm joking, you are right : would be helpful to understand how we die.

I was just making a suggestion for high altitudes jumps not low altitudes, lower ones would drop with ropes like real BlackHawk does

4 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

I mean.. I survived a tank shell and managed to land for repairs, and fly off again. Helis are super fast, they should not be that durable, being shot at by 30mils should wreck your shit. A good pilot knows where to and where not to go with his helicopter.

This might go a bit too far. Squad isn't meant to be fully realistic, it's a game with some realistic elements based solely on teamwork. Then again, i'd be open to see it happening, i can adjust if others want em.

Yeah, this seems fair, it's really shit to fly with a joystick apparently, so 100% good suggestion.

There's no heat-seeking weaponry in the game, maybe once that's in then yeah, but right now it has no purpose.

No, if players are dumb enough to crash their helicopter, they should be punished. If their team lets them fly again afterwards, it's their fault.

Helicopters are extremely OP when used right, me and a buddy literally broke a 20 minute stalemate on Talil using our heli as support and surveilance. And before that we snuck behind the enemy's next cap point and put a fob down there, so once the stalemate was gone, we rolled over them thanks to one single helicopter. If anything, the respawn timer should be longer.

Seems fair, though keep in mind the weapons have to fit with what the real life versions of those factions use. Russia, US Army, Canadians and Brits have standard weaponry, they should stick to that. As for the medics, i'd like to see some improvements too (dragging).

Agreed on this except tornadoes, seriously nobody would initiate a big battle with a tornado in the area..

Eh, i'd rather have buddy rally be replaced by a commander-called paradrop than this stuff. Last thing i want to see is people randomly jump out of my helicopter, kinda destroys the reason for me to try and take the guys somewhere and land.

Not sure about this.. People already die way before they run out of ammo, this might worsen the issue and make logistics useless.

Ey if you want to create the map/mod for it and host a server i'm sure lots of people will appreciate it.

Fair.

Tornado was a little much I admit but was making a point I guess. 

Flares and smoke was not explained better my apologies. I meant smokes to provide some type of cover for landing. Flares you are right it should be when heat seeking is implemented.

as for respawns it's a 50/50 shot cause people tend to all want to fly the thing which is to be expected for a new release, BUT then we need to figure out a way to limit pilots roles in a whole team not just per squad. For example max 4 pilots per team(all squads together) which would make the helicopters more controlled and less problems. Now it's up to the players to put the best pilots for the job at that point. I do think the spawn time should be less if they implement my first suggestion.  

as for helicopter durability I still stand on that, from what my family members explained who did fly them, they say it's very durable when it comes to fire and if need be they can get out a gun fire quickly. unless it's a tank or something then your ****ed, depending where they should would be great to see if they hit the tail so the helicopters spin crash. If they hit the front it blows up, if they hit the engine it blows up. Idk just giving my opinion.

oh I forgot to mention the gunners NEED a 50cal or something better also with more distance to look around cause you can barely look around when a gunner.

I will be experimenting with allot of things to keep updating my suggestions 

7 minutes ago, MrPapaBearFreddy said:

BUT then we need to figure out a way to limit pilots roles in a whole team not just per squad

This can simply be enforced by the servers, on PRTA we have a max of two heli squads, and heli squads means just that, a pilot, squadleader, and two doorgunners, any more and they wont be allowed man the heli, so basically just lock it at 4 people.

Also, first ones who make the heli squad, get the heli, no matter who gets to the actual helicopter first. Anyone else caught flying gets kicked.

9 minutes ago, MrPapaBearFreddy said:

they say it's very durable when it comes to fire and if need be they can get out a gun fire quickly

There is a massive difference between regular small-arms fire and a 30mil cannon. Especially if the 30mil fires it's anti-armour rounds. I flew again today ,and we survived an RPG hit, aswell as loads of small-arms fire, but when a 30mil came along we had to get out of there. This imo is very well balanced as it is right now, in fact, i'd say make them a little weaker, since i literally took a tank shell to my engine once and managed to land for repairs.

4 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

This can simply be enforced by the servers, on PRTA we have a max of two heli squads, and heli squads means just that, a pilot, squadleader, and two doorgunners, any more and they wont be allowed man the heli, so basically just lock it at 4 people.

Also, first ones who make the heli squad, get the heli, no matter who gets to the actual helicopter first. Anyone else caught flying gets kicked.

There is a massive difference between regular small-arms fire and a 30mil cannon. Especially if the 30mil fires it's anti-armour rounds. I flew again today ,and we survived an RPG hit, aswell as loads of small-arms fire, but when a 30mil came along we had to get out of there. This imo is very well balanced as it is right now, in fact, i'd say make them a little weaker, since i literally took a tank shell to my engine once and managed to land for repairs.

that would explain why I have this opinion on them. If that's the case the. Yeah the helicopter should be the same for durable wise or a little weaker. RPG should AT LEAST damage it enough to bring it down for repairs depending on location hit or explode the helicopter so I agree with you there

19 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

Again I think servers with this whole "naming" convention are absolutely silly. The game is programmed to allow a "first come, first served" paradigm and it shouldn't boil down to who has the fastest naming macro.

Not only that, this ridiculous rule requires constant a administration presence otherwise you have a bunch of whiny little babies screaming and yelling at each in SL chat about "I was Heli Squad first" blah blah blah and I have to go mute them. Just like when tanks were new.

Besides, it's not like it's an attack helicopter anyway. Once the novelty wears off and people figure out you're basically a glorified short bus driver with an even lower life expectancy than a normal Logi driver plus you're not getting any kills there will be limited competition for this asset and pretty soon you'll hear people in SL chat asking "who wants to shuttle us around in the chopper?... anyone?" silence...

1 hour ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Again I think servers with this whole "naming" convention are absolutely silly. The game is programmed to allow a "first come, first served" paradigm and it shouldn't boil down to who has the fastest naming macro.

Not only that, this ridiculous rule requires constant a administration presence otherwise you have a bunch of whiny little babies screaming and yelling at each in SL chat about "I was Heli Squad first" blah blah blah and I have to go mute them. Just like when tanks were new.

Besides, it's not like it's an attack helicopter anyway. Once the novelty wears off and people figure out you're basically a glorified short bus driver with an even lower life expectancy than a normal Logi driver plus you're not getting any kills there will be limited competition for this asset and pretty soon you'll hear people in SL chat asking "who wants to shuttle us around in the chopper?... anyone?" silence...

I will always be a pilot cause that's my job in real, as for glorify bus driver? You do know they make massive difference in income right? Also they can make a huge difference in battle if you have a good pilot who knows how to stay safe while dropping off soldiers and supplies. 

BUT I agree on the whole people fighting over it.. while not knowing how to fly it which cost the game allot of points. I am sure if we Brain storm ways to fix this the problem will be gone and we can enjoy the beauty of the helicopters

2 hours ago, MrPapaBearFreddy said:

I will always be a pilot cause that's my job in real, as for glorify bus driver?

Within the context of an fps game eventually players tire of not being in the position of getting kills is my only point.

Certainly flying IRL is just a wee bit more exciting (10 hours in my log book in Cessna 172) but I wouldn't say in translates to Squad though.

2 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

Considering how OP a heli can be in terms of winning the match, i'd say it's quite a bit more than a glorified buss.

Again, my point is once the novelty wears off you're going to have to draw straws to get people to shuttle you around in your OP flying Uber for entire hour plus long match. I played a round last night where the four dudes that were doing it stopped after they lost the first two and the choppers sat in Main for half an hour before some new arrivals grabbed them and quickly crashed them. After that they just sat in Main for the remainder of the match.

Same thing with the tanks, often times they just sit in Main now for different reasons though most likely because they're so slow to drive across the map and then they're completely vulnerable because you have to get them in close now because of the excessive map fogging. Who wants to spend 12-15 minutes driving a tank from either Main on Yeho to the middle of the map only to get your ass handed to you because of a HAT?

heli in game is cheap right now. ppl should be encouraged to try it and share it so more skills develop and people know the challenges and counters better.

let ppl crash them but automatically demote them to another class and block pilot if their chopper is destroyed or abandoned without transporting either players or supplies. could soften to 2 lives or something.