Jump to content
Conthegodoffire

Can I run this?

Recommended Posts

Hi there, I have owned squad for a few years now and have yet to be able to play it.

 

I just got some new hardware and want to know if I am looking good or is it still outdated.

 

Intel core I7-8700

DDR4 8G

GTX1050 TI 4G

Is it me or the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Conthegodoffire said:

Hi there, I have owned squad for a few years now and have yet to be able to play it.

 

I just got some new hardware and want to know if I am looking good or is it still outdated.

 

Intel core I7-8700

DDR4 8G

GTX1050 TI 4G

Is it me or the game?

Well i have

GTX 980 4gb

I7-3770 3.4ghz 

16GB DDR3 Ram

No overclocking at all.

And i run the game with 30-50 fps when mid game. So you should be able to get a higher amount than me :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KanZik said:

Well i have

GTX 980 4gb

I7-3770 3.4ghz 

16GB DDR3 Ram

No overclocking at all.

And i run the game with 30-50 fps when mid game. So you should be able to get a higher amount than me :)

In that case I need to find out why I lag so bad ingame

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the k edition of the i7-8700k and a RX 4gb card, and I can play (when it isn't crashing of course) quite comfortably on high levels @ 1080p. Your GPU should definitely be able to handle Squad. To what level I'm not entirely sure, but it should at least be able to handle medium settings but for sure low comfortably.

The weakest thing on your PC right now is your GPU, and then your RAM (if possible go to 16GB). I'd consider saving up to upgrade that GPU to at least an RX AMD card, something like 570/580 (they are uber cheap lately) or something in that area. I believe the 2060s are reasonable now, but don't quote me on that. xD

However, for your current PC, to see what is wrong, you can use DDU in Safe Mode to uninstall current drivers and then reboot back into standard and install the latest drivers, fresh, for your GPU. Then navigate to appdata > local and delete the Squad folders there. This is a must every patch for Squad or you will get absolute trash performance from Squad. Then right click Squad in Steam and go to properties and verify it. Lastly, test it and see if it fixes your issues.


My last bit of advice though? Turn off ALL in game anti-aliasing options and use your GPU control panel options. I found not only does my AMD options look 100000x better, I get way better performance out of it. You'll need to disable the options in Squad first though, or it won't work.

Hopefully any of that helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Root said:

I have the k edition of the i7-8700k and a RX 4gb card, and I can play (when it isn't crashing of course) quite comfortably on high levels @ 1080p. Your GPU should definitely be able to handle Squad. To what level I'm not entirely sure, but it should at least be able to handle medium settings but for sure low comfortably.

The weakest thing on your PC right now is your GPU, and then your RAM (if possible go to 16GB). I'd consider saving up to upgrade that GPU to at least an RX AMD card, something like 570/580 (they are uber cheap lately) or something in that area. I believe the 2060s are reasonable now, but don't quote me on that. xD

However, for your current PC, to see what is wrong, you can use DDU in Safe Mode to uninstall current drivers and then reboot back into standard and install the latest drivers, fresh, for your GPU. Then navigate to appdata > local and delete the Squad folders there. This is a must every patch for Squad or you will get absolute trash performance from Squad. Then right click Squad in Steam and go to properties and verify it. Lastly, test it and see if it fixes your issues.


My last bit of advice though? Turn off ALL in game anti-aliasing options and use your GPU control panel options. I found not only does my AMD options look 100000x better, I get way better performance out of it. You'll need to disable the options in Squad first though, or it won't work.

Hopefully any of that helps.

Ok I will try this stuff out, be back in a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Root said:

I have the k edition of the i7-8700k and a RX 4gb card, and I can play (when it isn't crashing of course) quite comfortably on high levels @ 1080p. Your GPU should definitely be able to handle Squad. To what level I'm not entirely sure, but it should at least be able to handle medium settings but for sure low comfortably.

The weakest thing on your PC right now is your GPU, and then your RAM (if possible go to 16GB). I'd consider saving up to upgrade that GPU to at least an RX AMD card, something like 570/580 (they are uber cheap lately) or something in that area. I believe the 2060s are reasonable now, but don't quote me on that. xD

However, for your current PC, to see what is wrong, you can use DDU in Safe Mode to uninstall current drivers and then reboot back into standard and install the latest drivers, fresh, for your GPU. Then navigate to appdata > local and delete the Squad folders there. This is a must every patch for Squad or you will get absolute trash performance from Squad. Then right click Squad in Steam and go to properties and verify it. Lastly, test it and see if it fixes your issues.


My last bit of advice though? Turn off ALL in game anti-aliasing options and use your GPU control panel options. I found not only does my AMD options look 100000x better, I get way better performance out of it. You'll need to disable the options in Squad first though, or it won't work.

Hopefully any of that helps.

This worked, seems that a full reinstall of the drivers worked. Thank you so much, after owning the game for over a year I can play it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Conthegodoffire said:

This worked, seems that a full reinstall of the drivers worked. Thank you so much, after owning the game for over a year I can play it.

 

No problem man! I'm glad it worked for you. :) Enjoy Squad!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×