I have a Intel 7700K overclocked to 5Ghz and need a new graphics card, thinking of getting a 5700XT? Does anyone run this card with Squad?  I have read bad things about AMD and this game in the past.

Ok no one, I went with a RTX 2070 Super just to be safe!

It wasn't about GPU but CPU. AMD FX series chips had low IPS and some issues with sound causing them to have stutters in this game. You are probably better off with 2070 anyway. I have 1070 and it's amazing card. 1080p,  everything on high and still 60 fps most of the time.

On 13-10-2019 at 3:20 PM, Chewy said:

Ok no one, I went with a RTX 2070 Super just to be safe!

and how is it handeling squad with a RTX 2070? thinking about buying that 1 too

GTX 1070, 60 FPS?
WTF?

I supose that 1070 can handle 120+.

This game need optimization.
I prefer 5700 XT isntead RTX as Nvidia cap performance over time and AMD get better over time as well.

46 minutes ago, AskAbout said:

I have a 5700 and its a total ****ing mess in this game. You dodged a bullet getting the 2070 instead.

The problem isn't 5700 as it's a good mid range gpu but bad game optimization.
BTW, we will get better drivers over time and Navi is a completely new gpu architecture as we a are AMD Beta Testers.

I believe that we can get better em better results along the time.

4 minutes ago, SCG_ErwinP said:

The problem isn't 5700 as it's a good mid range gpu but bad game optimization.
BTW, we will get better drivers over time and Navi is a completely new gpu architecture as we a are AMD Beta Testers.

I believe that we can get better em better results along the time.

Lmao yeah, 5 month old product but i'm just a beta tester. Meanwhile there is no acknowledgment from AMD on this crippling problem. Idk what compels people to shill for corporations like this but they do.

You buy a OS that require tons of updates, same for Office, games and you are thinking that firmware and other drivers will be different...

Cmon, come back to real life!

What about Nvidia? Doesn't it require drivers update? And what about Ray Tracing? Are you thinking that's running as good as should be?

As I said before, Squad need ton of work in optimization and Navi gpu isn't the problem!

Edited by SCG_ErwinP

3 minutes ago, SCG_ErwinP said:

You buy a OS that require tons of updates, same for Office, games and you are thinking that firmware and other drivers will be different...

Cmon, come back to real life!

What about Nvidia? Doesn't it require drivers update? And what about Ray Tracing? Are you thinking that's running as good as should be?

As I said before, Squad need ton of work in optimization and Navi gpu isn't the problem!

Real life is where you expect a 300 dollar card to play a game better then a 200 dollar card from 3 years ago.....

I suppose that you have other problem such bottleneck or thermal throttling.

That's so trivial instead you determine that the problem is your gpu as 5700 is incomparable better against 480.

Put your 480 back and try to figure out if it's you new GPU, without change driver as they use same or any Windows settings.