Evgeny

How do I play Squad without people making fun of me for being 14.

I always run across this problem when people make fun of me or kick me of their squad when I try and communicate, I am very mature and try to communicate as realistically as I can.

How do I let people know that I am mature and trying to learn the basics of this game without them making fun of me?

I mean, if you find yourself in a squad full of jerks that'll happen. Kudos to immersing yourself in the community at 14.

I'd recommend being as helpful as possible while saying less. If you're yelling and screaming that's probably interfering with peoples' experience, but if you're being helpful and not crowding comms I don't think anyone has any real reason to pick on you dude.

My $0.02,

14 minutes ago, Bachelor_Chow said:

I mean, if you find yourself in a squad full of jerks that'll happen. Kudos to immersing yourself in the community at 14.

I'd recommend being as helpful as possible while saying less. If you're yelling and screaming that's probably interfering with peoples' experience, but if you're being helpful and not crowding comms I don't think anyone has any real reason to pick on you dude.

My $0.02,

This. Most of the squared away guys won't care what your age is. Its the immature guys that have to antagonize anyone for little things. When you get the usual "shut up squeaker" don't respond back, don't give em anything to play off of. Just keep playing the game like you have been doing. Like the other guy said, check and see if you might be doing anything that but its probably just guys picking on you due to your voice. Just tough it out, its something you can't really change.

1 hour ago, Evgeny said:

I try to communicate as realistically as I can.

This is probably your problem. 14 year old role-playing a soldier in comms is just pure cringe, you just can't sound good that way. Speak plainly, always weigh if what you're going to say really needs to be heard by everybody before using squad radio, otherwise keep 90% of your comms to local. I also find that young players generally speak way too much, just keep it cool and don't give in to the need to comment every single thing that is happening around you. 

You'll find much more people willing to keep you around this way. If not, change squads.

Edited by MultiSquid

Thanks everyone for the tips! I found a friend that has a very nice group of friends that are totally fine with me. We've played a bunch of matches and they think I'm good at communicating and playing the game.

13 hours ago, Bachelor_Chow said:

My $0.02,

Thanks, your comment is probably the one that helped me the most! (not saying the others didn't) I actually immersed myself at a very young age, 11.

I was and still am in love with the milsim/hardcore game community. Thanks!

Honestly after the 5000 hours I've played Squad the community is basically just like high school; Jocks, Nerds and Stoners.

Jocks are the "Competitive" crowd, Nerds are the "MilSim" people and the Stoners are just the "Casuals"...

If people start nagging or griefing you just leave and find another server because essentially you're an asset not a liability due to the fact that in the community there is pretty much a competition to keep servers populated and accordingly donations flowing in.

1 hour ago, Atlan said:

Dont play squad, its not a game for your age-group. Bad parenting is bad, I hope you grow up to be a better parent in the future, peace.

Ouch… how do you know he is not mature enough? Most people his age wouldnt even bother to play Squad and wouldnt even bother to post something on the forum of the sort. 

What is the age group for Squad? Because I think many people who play and have hundreds of hour are not mature for it either.

1 hour ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Honestly after the 5000 hours I've played Squad the community is basically just like high school; Jocks, Nerds and Stoners.

Jocks are the "Competitive" crowd, Nerds are the "MilSim" people and the Stoners are just the "Casuals"...

Lol!...+1

3 hours ago, Nightingale87 said:

Ouch… how do you know he is not mature enough? Most people his age wouldnt even bother to play Squad and wouldnt even bother to post something on the forum of the sort. 

What is the age group for Squad? Because I think many people who play and have hundreds of hour are not mature for it either.

Lol!...+1

I think the age group for Squad is 16+ although at my age I don't mind all of the subjects (guns, blood n gore n all of that) as I'm pretty mature for my age.

AS a squad leader, I don't give a damn on your age. It is the discipline that matters. If you refuse to follow my order, I will have you kicked.

On 10/10/2019 at 10:20 PM, Evgeny said:

How do I let people know that I am mature and trying to learn the basics of this game without them making fun of me?

There's nothing you can do other than have your voice drop in a couple years. It's not something that is going to go away any time soon, sorry dude. You'll just have to shrug it off until then. It's not something that I had to deal with because in your place I would've been playing with something like Roger Wilco was just becoming a thing. Tough it out, it's not worth quitting if you like the game.

Sulphur hexaflouride is an enert gas 6x heavier than air that will deepen your voice when inhaled and used to speak. Only good for a few sentences per breath, so probably not economical. Fun nonetheless.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 3:28 AM, Evgeny said:

I think the age group for Squad is 16+ although at my age I don't mind all of the subjects (guns, blood n gore n all of that) as I'm pretty mature for my age.

Well, maybe this 14 year old is mature for his age. After all, there is really no difference between most 14 and 16 year olds.

Hey man, don't worry about those guys making fun of you. I remember being 14 and playing America's Army, the most realistic FPS shooter back then, while using VOIP but I was always teamplay minded and a team player. I was much more serious about playing than a lot of players back then, so I understand where you are coming from man!

Stay on teamwork servers like Tactical Gamer or noob friendly ones. I think SquadOps is probably good but they are also competitive so you might have some issues there. The people will be less likely to hate on you. Also, stay away from Doctor's Office. They have a terrible history of salty admins and players.

There are plenty of people who don't mind playing with a 14 year who wants to work as a team!

Edited by Cavazos

Hi and welcome to squad! I also start playing project reallity mod around 14-15 too but at those time I still have difficulty communicate with other in English so instead of talk I type a lot to communicate with other people in squad so they never find out that I are teenager at the time lol

Now 12 year had pass, my enlish is improve but people still make fun of my asian accent and sometime act like I am chinese player by saying "Ching-chong" it really not fun, but hey not everybody is a jerk right?

So my advice is to have patience and find a freind, a comrade that you feel comfortable playing with. Good folk won't make fun of people regarding their age and race. I hope you have fun in playing Squad buddy!

Call the Bullyhunters?? :-)

Jk. Don't worry about it, the real players won't care, and the dumb ones ignore.