Hi OWI

Been playing Squad for about 15 months, since v10 I think it was, possibly v9 but a way back. Never had any issues with the client itself.

Since downloading v16 yesterday, can no longer access Squad.  It seems to be in a continuous update on Steam, hours and days (even months) of time left and throws up the error below;

"

Steam - Error

An error occurred while updating Squad (corrupt content files):

c:\program files (x86)\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\squad\squadgame\content\paks\pakchunk7-windowsnoeditor.pak

See the Steam support site for more information

"

I have followed the steps on Steam support, cleared the cache etc.

I have reinstalled the full game client.

I have checked the files in \paks   - I have noticed that at times there appears to be about 20 .pak files, with 7 always missing, Steam continues to try and update and the \pak folder fluctuates on how many .pak files it contains.

Can't find a way around it, can no longer play the game.  Fairly sure I wont be the only one with this issue, seen similar in searches, but not the exact error message.

Please advise.

Vin

Edited by vinviper
Make title more general

On 10/11/2019 at 2:39 AM, SamWise said:

Since you didn't specify.. Have you verified the game files?

Yep. Its screwed basically. Can no longer play Squad since it updated to v16.....

Edited by vinviper

On 10/11/2019 at 2:39 AM, SamWise said:

Since you didn't specify.. Have you verified the game files?

Yep. Its screwed basically. Can no longer play Squad since it updated to v16.

*** Update: After multiple download attempts, 2 complete uninstalls and cleaning up anything left over, downloading and reinstalling a 3rd or 4th time, it is now working again.  No explanation or idea why it took so much effort to fix or what the actual cause was.  May have been Steam and corrupted files. Who knows.