Gatzby

Alpha 16 Released

31 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

+ Helicopters are too fast and take too much damage (interim thing?)

+ Still getting CTD at map changes

1. Glad I'm not the only one to notice this. Chopper speeds and damage taken are redonkulous.

2. Crashing to desktop on pretty much every round along with half of my team as well. Sending error report.

1 hour ago, Zylfrax791 said:

1. Glad I'm not the only one to notice this. Chopper speeds and damage taken are redonkulous.

2. Crashing to desktop on pretty much every round along with half of my team as well. Sending error report.

2. is really frustrating, especially in Oz where you have +7 players waiting in queue.

Edited by [email protected]

Block the exit from the helicopter when it is still flying please! Or at least when it's almost stopped.

Right now there is no need to land, just fly at low altitude and, even at high speed, players can jump out of the helicopter, bandages, medics and all right.

You lose a lot in tactics and reality

58 minutes ago, Tmac said:

Block the exit from the helicopter when it is still flying please! Or at least when it's almost stopped.

Right now there is no need to land, just fly at low altitude and, even at high speed, players can jump out of the helicopter, bandages, medics and all right.

Good point. Logis already have this mechanism in place for unloading stuff. So this should be an easy addition.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that I really enjoy the new movement inertia. There is a log less zig-zagging since v16 and I also noticed myself that I can't easily evade bullets anymore. A step in the right direction.

Great new map and the movement feels more natural now.

The infantry combat still feels like it rewards twitch skills over positioning and teamwork but I guess we’ll have to wait for mods to change that.

Edited by fatalsushi

On 14.10.2019 at 12:44 PM, Tmac said:

Well... Blocking might not be the right path... Maybe add damage to infantry with more than 10km/h, increasing to 50%chance of bleeding from 15km/h, to incapacitated at around 25km/h, to instadeath at over 30km/h... Players won't feel restricted but, exiting from a fast driving car will be disencouraged... 

"Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what kills people"

With helicopters, it's really time to finally eliminate the Buddy Rally.

The construction of Fob is much easier now and in these early hours of v16, in every map with Helos, there are always at least 4-5 active Fobs.
Also by removing the Buddy Rally, the helicopters would be used more for troop transport (it would be the most tactical and cool thing) and not just like flying Logi Trucks 

12 hours ago, Tmac said:

The construction of Fob is much easier now and in these early hours of v16, in every map with Helos, there are always at least 4-5 active Fobs.
Also by removing the Buddy Rally, the helicopters would be used more for troop transport (it would be the most tactical and cool thing) and not just like flying Logi Trucks 

Agreed

On 17.10.2019 at 10:37 AM, Tmac said:

well... troop transport with helis requires landing in the field... making you a good target and the pilots will need to practice landing... we'll see if that's going to happen ^^

Also takes a good squad-lead as Co-Pilot to communicate with the other squads as where (marking of a position) to get when (time window) for pickup... Sitting on the ground with a heli, waiting for the group to assemble... not a good idea...

I'd like to train more heli flying in real conditions but most of the time there's already 3-4 pilots waiting at the helipad...

3 hours ago, Uelz said:

well... troop transport with helis requires landing in the field... making you a good target and the pilots will need to practice landing

Well that's exactly why buddy rally needs to go, since helis can be countered, buddy rally can't.

On 10/10/2019 at 11:11 PM, Klienpo said:

(...)

1. Roll and pitch locked into a single key/mouse control.
    • With separated pitch up and pitch down, it's also easier to make the right bind for joystick/flight stick users.

I tried to bind my joystick but it doesn't work ; are joystick supported atm in Squad v16 ?

Note that I use it in many other games with no issue, so its not an hardware related.