Sign in to follow this  
Chewy

Iron Sights

At some point is there any plans to give the Canadian armed forces a iron sight option? I only play iron sights so often leave the game or switch sides when Canadian.  Also can we bring back the AK74 option for Insurgents?

Uh, the insurgents already do have the AK-74, bud. Not with iron sights, of course. But it can only be used with a high powered optic, if that is what you are referencing to.

Insurgents used to have a AK-74 iron sight option.

Edited by Chewy

Iron sights and an xbox controller.

Chewy is a legend, no kidding.

Please let him have his iron sights.

16 hours ago, Seamus said:

Why do you only play iron sights? Not having a go, genuinely curious. 

I started playing squad in the early days as medic when this class had no sights, after the introduction of optic sights to the medic class I moved to riffle class and just stuck with it. 

Now you can adjust range with iron sights I can kill from distance and QCB.  I can always get my standard riffle class every round and having a bag of ammo is awesome. 

Faster ADS, no visual hindrances and other slight changes means I have just become comfortable with this setup.

As Insurgents only one person per squad could take the AK-74 iron sights option, and everyone has got to agree that its better than the AKM!

Edited by Chewy

@Chewy

I am with you, my iron sighted brother. IMO the AK iron sights in particular are preferable over any Russian scopes, unless you expect the majority of engagements to be at long range. 

When we were getting switched over to the C7 from the FAL in the early 90's they all had iron sights. It was just the standard 2 position M16 standard sight with full auto capability and the carrying handle and straight stocks. Unfortunately for you they are all flat tops now with an ELCAN sight standard. If only you were born in the 70's you could have experienced the joys of not seeing shit past 200m with those old school 2 recticle iron sights. A tear comes to my eye as I remember fondly trying to hit shit past 200m while looking through the Vietnam era sights. At night, in my dreams, I can almost hear the Vietnamese girl call to me "Me love you long time G.I., 10 Dollah!!"

Edited by tmpwhore