JesMcDevlin

[US|CST] New player seeking relaxed friendly group/clan

Posted (edited)

In short; I want to play Squad, but I don't know where to start. I fear playing solo will only be a bad experience. But don't want an elitist clan.

Discord:

Mic: ✓

Headphones:

Over 18: ✓

Basic understanding of mil-sim:

Sense of humor:

Skill: 5/10 "Average/Slightly Below Average"

Region & Timezone: US: Central Time (Available most of the time)

Language(s): English, Redneck, & Hillbilly

Steam: Jes Durr

I'd love to find a smaller group, but finding one who is always active in this game is likely harder than finding a clan. 

Thing I've noticed though is clans seem to take this game VERY seriously. I've been looking for months and I've seen everything from "1 month tryouts" to "20 hours of bootcamp" as requirements. And while I appreciate separating the wheat from the chaff, I just want to play the game, have fun and not feel like im obligated to a second job. I quit WoW because it was all work and no play, don't want to jump into that same boat again.

I just want to play games, have fun, and not care about my real life issues, or have to constantly worry if I'm not 'putting in enough hours' or getting a 'high enough KDR' or whatever. 

Here is a little about me; 
I've owned Squad for a long, long while now, but only have ~7 hours in it. Almost all of which is in the training grounds getting used to various aspects of the game such as the drop on weapons, and getting to know vehicles to some degree. Without anyone to play with I'm not comfortable just diving in so i've only played maybe 2 rounds of the game.

Ever since I first saw Squad; I knew I wanted to play it. I grew up in a military family, and played a ton of mil-sim with family and friends as a kid. Started way back on America's Army, and the older battlefield and call of duty games with hardcore rulesets. Later moved on to ARMA 2 and 3.

I have a mature and or raunchy sense of humor, am very open, and non-pc. I don't mind others knowing I'm openly a furry and pansexual. I don't shove it down people's throats, I simply don't care if they know. I can take jokes just as well as I dish them out so long as it doesn't get out of hand.

I just want friends, not drill sergeants, not bosses/managers/handlers. Friends.

Edited by JesMcDevlin