The Goth Cat

(Nani!?) Hip fire is weird [not normal!]

OMG BEFORE YOU TELL ME SOME BULLSHIT, READ THE POST!

okay, so, there seems to be a bug on the test server where the bullets on the hip fire are literally no where near the center of the screen and are consistantly shooting (accurately I may add) to the bottom of the Xhair, not sure what was changed or why but this does not seem normal to me whatsoever, I understand that the hip fire bla bla blah, is't supposed to be accurate but it IS accurate, just in the wrong place.

H5D7L3Q.jpg

(taken in a-16.0.34.21266-4.21.2-SHIPPING)

As you can see, the center of my screen is not where my bullet landed and to the left of the landed point you can see many accurate shots have been made with the hipfire, I believe this to be a bug.

Also, while laying down you are unable in most places to shoot from the hip.

Edited by The Goth Cat

OMG! nice opening line, however i will reply.

from Dubs: i know it sais Crosshair but he explains more, (not a bug btw)

Squad handles projectiles and barrels differently to any other game i've heard of. this has come up before a couple of time but i can't find them, sorry i can't be more help. Just a guess here but if you did the same test within the "CQB" range, where raycasting is used, then you might see better accuracy, maybe?

40 minutes ago, The Goth Cat said:

Also, while laying down you are unable in most places to shoot from the hip.

can you explain how, IRL, you "shoot from the hip" whilst prone? non-ads shooting yep, "hip-firing" no.

21 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

Squad handles projectiles and barrels differently to any other game i've heard of. this has come up before a couple of time but i can't find them, sorry i can't be more help. Just a guess here but if you did the same test within the "CQB" range, where raycasting is used, then you might see better accuracy, maybe?

can you explain how, IRL, you "shoot from the hip" whilst prone? non-ads shooting yep, "hip-firing" no.

Again, it is not a matter of accuracy, it is a matter of the fact the projectile is shooting from your knee and not your gun, laying down in some areas and not ADSing can cause you to shoot the ground at your face and not out of the gun that is level with the ground.

Edit: (note) This is not bullet drop, this is literally the bullet shooting from your legs and at point blank ranges your (nonADS) hipfire will not kill someone because of this strange (Yes it is) bug because you are shooting them in the legs while they are shooting you in the face/chest.

Nice comment but...

1383301752643.gif

Edited by The Goth Cat

On 9/29/2019 at 5:13 PM, LaughingJack said:

I don't like how that explanation works. A height over bore effect shouldn't be happening with the center of the screen, only when actually aiming from the sights. If anything the loose deadzone sort of aiming that some games is the way to go but point shooting being consistently way low is bizarre.

the vid seems to show the same effect that Goth Cat is seeing, based on his OP.

I believe it is something to do with the position/attitude of the weapon whilst non-ads - ie: it's not pointing conveniently at the centre of the screen.

Squad fires(or raycasts for CQB) projectiles from the barrel of the weapon, not to the centre of the screen, as mentioned on Dubs' post.

On 01/10/2019 at 7:43 AM, The Goth Cat said:

Again, it is not a matter of accuracy, it is a matter of the fact the projectile is shooting from your knee and not your gun

Edit: (note) This is not bullet drop, this is literally the bullet shooting from your legs

(accuracy was not what i meant, sorry, i meant Improvement) Ok, if you are actually seeing them fired from "down there", as opposed to from your weapon barrel, then yes it seems you have a bug. But if what you are seeing is in any way similar to Dubs' vid, then it's an intentional machanic, not a bug. A vid showing the problem you are seeing would be very helpful.

I like the fact that the bullet goes where gun points, in case of lowering the weapon not center screen.

I like this realism but when defending cqb this is a disadvantage. This could be solved by raising the gun center screen as soon as the weapon is fired, and go of center after a few seconds of no action.

or, and here's a really radical idea,  y'all could just get used to it. sheesh!

10 hours ago, Pharanaiton said:

I like the fact that the bullet goes where gun points, in case of lowering the weapon not center screen.

so do i (realism, anyone ... ? )

Making hipfire too accurate will make ADS useless (unless you have a scope). And also, nobody would in their right mind hipfire at that range when you can ads. CoD sure, squad? no ty.

On 10/11/2019 at 7:10 AM, Tony32 said:

Making hipfire too accurate will make ADS useless (unless you have a scope). And also, nobody would in their right mind hipfire at that range when you can ads. CoD sure, squad? no ty.

If you have played Tarkov you can see where there's a danger line that can be crossed regarding point shooting being too accurate. Insurgency and Sandstorm have a perfect box where the point of aim wanders based on movement. Point shooting is acceptable for close quarters shooting where the need to fire first comes before you follow up with aimed shots.

It's easy-ish to shoot in the area where you want to hit without aiming IRL but obviously not anywhere near as accurate as aiming. If Squad had point shooting like Insurgency over just forcing the aim off the center that would be best but would probably require a huge rework.