Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Chance

Helicopter Issue that needs addressing

Hi Squad Devs,

So first off, amazing job on the helicopters guys! The copters are awesome, they sound absolutely amazing, and the flight models are top notch. There are a few bugs here & there that I know another poster mentioned, and you guys are likely ironing out. So this post has less to do with the helicopter mechanic, and more to do with squad system that encourages selfish behavior by every player in the server that wants to fly. It's game breaking.

What I'm talking about is the fact that when you join up, ten different helicopter squads are created, and zero of those squad have respect on how this will effect the overall game play for everyone else.

This is something that would happen all the time on PR as well. You'd have a bunch of heli squads, and they would all be at main base wasting team slots to fight over who can steal the next helicopter to crash it into the ground.

I know I'm not alone in this feeling because it was brought up in just about every game I played by other players after only one infantry squad would be made for an entire server. I get it's a new feature and can be expected to some degree, but I also know from experience it will continue.

Simply, I think you guys should hard code in helicopter squads, and limit the pilot kit. There's no need for the team to have 10 pilot kits with people sitting at the heli pad wasting resources. This would cut down on player waste, and keep the flow the the game moving. This would give people with SSD's advantages, but at this point what's worse?

Someone with a capable computer using the asset properly and often, or 10+ players wasting the teams time and man power playing helicopter tag at main base?

Just a suggestion because I know I'm not alone on this.

Regards,

Chance

The problem is self solving, today I was in a game and there was one guy waiting on the chopper after an unplanned disassembly took place. 

My point is that people will eventually try the chopper, fail, get frustrated and stop trying to fly and those that are good will get better and learn to not crash as often. 

I also want to say that currently there is really no need to include more than two of each pilot class anyway, just a waste of resources TBH, but there again, people are learning to not just grab pilot kits anymore too so just another self solving problem.

Dude, there should be tools to restrict the heli use and it should be in charge of the server owners. So the SQUAD developers are really missing in delivering features for their clients that are the server owners.

Posted (edited)

Not everyone needs these features... Maybe they can be added as mods... It's a game about communication and not about first come first serve... Maybe give us more statistics or badges on player profiles that give information about the skills of a specific player... Like 100hours of flight time... Maybe even some kits should be approved by the SL... 

On the other hand you could limit the kits to the amount of kits needed to drive all vehicles... E.g. 2 choppers = 2 pilot kits... Just sucks when you have someone with a specific kit AFK and no admin online to get rid of him... 

Edited by Uelz
Thought about it...