Gadaffi

Squad and PR (Project Reality)

Posted (edited)

Downloaded Project Reality today, played it, and holycrap its night and day difference between the two, even after 15 years. I missed PR. I'm really tired of being asked to hold on, told that the grass is greener on the other side, no really it is, just wait for the next patch, its coming, no really it is. Squad and the devs, just sound like a needy girlfriend, no please... stay with me... I promise, I can change... no, don't leave me..

Like! Get yourself together! It's embarrassing.

giphy.gif

PR here I come! 

Edited by BatSithCrazy.

4 hours ago, BatSithCrazy. said:

Downloaded Project Reality today, played it, and holycrap its night and day difference between the two, even after 15 years. I missed PR. I'm really tired of being asked to hold on, told that the grass is greener on the other side, no really it is, just wait for the next patch, its coming, no really it is. Squad and the devs, just sound like a needy girlfriend, no please... stay with me... I promise, I can change... no, don't leave me..

Like! Get yourself together! It's embarrassing.

giphy.gif

PR here I come! 

I actually dowloaded it again son before the holidays. I haven´t had time to play it. I remember I went back to ir after v13 and it was VERY hrd to get used to controls and UI again. I expect to have free time son to go back to it.

In the meantime I expect/hope/ wait the devs implement a mod, mode or server settings for this side of the community.

Posted (edited)

This video pretty much! sums up all offworldindustries failures with squad. Leave a "like" if you agree!

Edited by BatSithCrazy.

23 hours ago, BatSithCrazy. said:

This video pretty much! sums up all offworldindustries failures with squad. Leave a "like" if you agree!

Agree 99%with the vid.

I'd feel bad for the dude and his paranoia that the great OWI 'casualization' is coming around the corner with every patch if it wasn't a product of his utter disdain for most people who play the game. If you are that concerned about new players you've already lost. He has no solutions, he's just living in a doomed world. Not a great outlook.

My memory of v9 is that there was a different group of invaders who sneered at every suggestion of making the game more like PR. But they sure as hell didn't call themselves 'casual'.

to everyone in general.

just watched (skimmed actually) that Bluedrake vid (previous page) - to be entirely honest i was not impressed at all and i'm glad that i was playing Jointops instead during that time, if BD's gameplay is any guide to the level of maturity in PR (i assume not, OC).

i agree with most here that post-V13 appears to be dumbing down the game in various ways and i also wish that some features were gone and some returned to rectify this, but my interest is in modding-of and not really playing-of Squad.

also, stop assuming that everyone who is backing/supporting Squad is an old PR player.

ps: did notice how the running speed in PR seemed to be similar to any other FPS - quite unrealistically fast (i'd judge it about 7-9 meters/sec) - so arguments about running is too fast in Squad are BS if you could run that fast in PR.

also: stop calling out "spiritual successor" as being "a literal copy of", that's not what either of the words mean.

When you got pushed back in PR you could recover if you tried but in Squad if you get pushed back the round ends before any interesting counter attacks can happen. The gameflow and ticket system in squad is completely broken.

Edited by Necrosexual

I agree Necrosexual, some rejigging of ticket system to allow for comebacks is important. We are aware of that.

The only thing about modding this game is that its not as easy as other games, PR was a mod of BF2 and modding was easier for that game, BF2 was a fully fleshed out game.  Squad and unreal engine 4 isn't even a finished product, so adding more mods and coding onto an already mess of an engine isn't gonna work great.  Mods could help the game but the game itself need to be completely ironed out, ie: buggy vehicles, messed up physics, optimization, network problems, the list could go on.

I disagree with you: modding tools for BF2 were a pain in the ass imho, but i get the point. Well Squad will exit alpha, soon or later.

20 minutes ago, El Pube said:

I disagree with you: modding tools for BF2 were a pain in the ass imho, but i get the point. Well Squad will exit alpha, soon or later.

wake up, it already did exit alpha "kappa"

On 2020-01-17 at 7:51 AM, El Pube said:

BF2 already had working vehicles, and had really good flying mechanics.  Modders for BF2 already had so much stuff to work with, Squad on the other hand is full of bugs still, so adding mods onto a buggy game isn't ideal.  Just look at PR and the additions they were able to add to that, compared with Squad which is suppose to be a full game.  I get that they have software now dedicated for modding unreal engine 4, but BF2 already had all the working assets in place, Squad doesn't even having all working assets in place.

On 1/19/2020 at 3:08 PM, you ok said:

BF2 already had working vehicles, and had really good flying mechanics.  Modders for BF2 already had so much stuff to work with, Squad on the other hand is full of bugs still, so adding mods onto a buggy game isn't ideal.  Just look at PR and the additions they were able to add to that, compared with Squad which is suppose to be a full game.  I get that they have software now dedicated for modding unreal engine 4, but BF2 already had all the working assets in place, Squad doesn't even having all working assets in place.

"good flying mechanics" - flies choppers upside-down/make vertical dives for the longest time.

On 1/17/2020 at 5:11 PM, paragonid said:

wake up, it already did exit alpha "kappa"

Well choppers are a lot "alpha" xD;)

10 hours ago, El Pube said:

Well choppers are a lot "alpha" xD;)

Choppers are for "beta" because they're almost flying tanks.  Real "alpha" don't need such coddling.

Edited by EcchiRevenge