Rybec

Shooting from vehicles

Quick search turned up nothing but I could've sworn it was brought up before.

I'd like to know if there has been a mention by developers to enable using your kit from vehicles when riding as a passenger? Shooting, healing, throwing grenades, using launchers (with backblast still existing). Firing from vehicles fits an insurgent lifestyle and being able to do something from the back of a truck or in a helicopter at the doors would be nice.

If it were still possible to stick explosives to vehicles (something I was going to post about in the context of helicopters) it would also give kamikaze bikes somewhat better performance. Triggering detonation as you jump off, and all.

2 hours ago, Pvt. Twinkletoes said:

If it were still possible to stick explosives to vehicles (something I was going to post about in the context of helicopters) it would also give kamikaze bikes somewhat better performance. Triggering detonation as you jump off, and all.

That was posible some versions ago. Although I think there was a problem with bikes...

Shooting from vehicles has very poor accuracy but would be some kind of self-defense.

Edited by Phoenixstorm

Yeah, I'd love to be able to shoot from vehicles.  Nothing says "free kills" like a Logi driving by your current location.

The only counter is for people to jump out, usually facing in the wrong direction, that get killed anyways.

Plus how badass would a Logi drive by shooting be?  :)

The pinnacle of shooting from vics will be a little van with a driver and 5 people firing out the windows. 

Mounting your bipod on the rail around a techie

and of course the classic AT from a chopper ;)

On 9/26/2019 at 10:53 AM, Rybec said:

Quick search turned up nothing but I could've sworn it was brought up before.

I'd like to know if there has been a mention by developers to enable using your kit from vehicles when riding as a passenger? Shooting, healing, throwing grenades, using launchers (with backblast still existing). Firing from vehicles fits an insurgent lifestyle and being able to do something from the back of a truck or in a helicopter at the doors would be nice.

^ this

Give us the appeality to Defend ourselves than just being sitting Ducks. In JointOps I rained down, Rockets and NoobTubes from above (GetSome).

Main gun and bandaging would be really nice on passengers... On motorcycles it could be pistol only +bandaging for the passenger seat.