Sign in to follow this  
virusman

helicopter and health

hello developers.

after a quick 10 min in this new v16 beta.

the main things u MUST add is the ability to patch my self ....and stop the bleeding....

1) its realistic to heal people inside helicopter

2) its will add to gameplay more flexebility.

thanks bye

One could argue that it's not meant to work that way to prevent bird nesting, if you can't land before your guys bleed out then you are probably in the air a bit too long. It's a transport, not really an attack/scout chopper. Also, you do know there is a suggestion section of the forums, ya? Why you no post there?

Mind you, I'm just shrugging my shoulders giving you a reason why, not, why not.

Edited by The Goth Cat

19 hours ago, The Goth Cat said:

It's a transport, not really an attack/scout chopper

Just because something is designed for a specific purpose does not mean it can't be used in a different way. Shovels were designed to be an efficient tool to dig into dirt, sand, clay, etc. but you can also use it as a weapon or even a frying pan. Albeit the latter isn't as effective but the same can be said about transport helicopters.

I agree with the OP in allowing people to bandage and heal each other inside helicopters but only for people in the back. I don't think pilots should be able to heal or bandage because they need their hands to fly the helicopter, BUT if you have a medic in the back they should be able to bandage and heal the pilot.

Edited by PythagorasHP

1 hour ago, PythagorasHP said:

Just because something is designed for a specific purpose does not mean it can't be used in a different way. Shovels were designed to be an efficient tool to dig into dirt, sand, clay, etc. but you can also use it as a weapon or even a frying pan. Albeit the latter isn't as effective but the same can be said about transport helicopters.

I agree with the OP in allowing people to bandage and heal each other inside helicopters but only for people in the back. I don't think pilots should be able to heal or bandage because they need their hands to fly the helicopter, BUT if you have a medic in the back they should be able to bandage and heal the pilot.

Again, 

20 hours ago, The Goth Cat said:

giving you a reason why, not, why not.

I wouldn't mind a bandage while flying either, just making a case.

On 9/24/2019 at 4:55 PM, virusman said:

hello developers.

after a quick 10 min in this new v16 beta.

the main things u MUST add is the ability to patch my self ....and stop the bleeding....

1) its realistic to heal people inside helicopter

2) its will add to gameplay more flexebility.

thanks bye

This is not just a problem with Helios...with any truck or vech...player should be able to aim and fire their weapon or heal and patch themseleves while they are in the vehicle. It's quite annoying being in the back of a truck and having 8 guys completely wiped by one guy with an AR because they cannot fire out of the back or out of the front window. 

On 10/6/2019 at 5:08 PM, budder8818 said:

It's quite annoying being in the back of a truck and having 8 guys completely wiped by one guy with an AR because they cannot fire out of the back or out of the front window. 

or make the trucks so they give reasonable protection against small arms. The cab's seem about right.

As a balance I would say bandage, but not heal. In order to heal you need a medic to be able to freely walk around the vehicle and heal people. From a programming perspective I feel this is an extreme amount of programming overhead for a minorly used feature. However being able to bandage yourself while sitting down would require almost no overhead, just the bandage animation that currently is in the game. The only programming overhead would be, being not able to steer, or use weapons while the bandaging animation is in effect, which may be bad if your a pilot. If there was a way to hit a key to allow a co-pilot to control the aircraft while your bandaging that would solve this unless you were straight and level for at least the 3 seconds or whatever it takes to bandage. However having a key to give controls to a co-pilot is again more programming overhead. Maybe limit it to people who are not actively driving or piloting the vehicle

Edited by tmpwhore