Sign in to follow this  
Luwin

Helicopter pitch control and roll control

Actually, I'm so disappointed with control mapping option for Helicopter.

Must be someone like me because there is no saperate nose up, nose down, roll left, roll right mapping option but just pitch control and roll control.

It forced all of you to use mouse or joystick when you want to move your helicopter.

Is there anyone who want to do it with keyboard?

(my favorate helicopter control mapping is like this - mouse Y for pitch control(inverted), A and D for roll control, mouse X for yaw control, I use this control mapping in battlefield 4 and it gives lot of advantage when I aiming rocketpod. It feels completely same with aiming on foot)

Hmm I came here looking for the answer to exactly this... how the heck are you supposed to control the choppers like this?  I bound one single key to roll and it rolls the aircraft right, lol.

It's certainly a challenge trying to adjust when coming from games such as the Arma series and RS2 with their AFM.

Rest assured the team knows about it (I've been quite vocal about the need for individual binds for helicopter controls) and I've no doubt it will make an appearance down the line. Hopefully before the full release of a16.

Yeah, I've posted about it almost the day of the testing along with a collective center button so that it is more like battlefield and Arma. But it's not that hard really, it's a bit of a cluster to relearn but once you get it, it's like... Flying a bike?

Edited by The Goth Cat

Yea I need this, I started the pilot training and as soon as I took off I let the chopper crash as I opened controls... saw that the mapping is useless, have not payed any attention to choppers since.

In a non armed helo, I would use mouse for free look only. All of the flight controls are keyboard.

I basically want to mimic my Arma 3 controls that I can fly very well with.

Collective up - space

Collective down - shift

pitch/roll - WASD

rudder - Q/E or Z/C

6 hours ago, Trauma said:

Yea I need this, I started the pilot training and as soon as I took off I let the chopper crash as I opened controls... saw that the mapping is useless, have not payed any attention to choppers since.

In a non armed helo, I would use mouse for free look only. All of the flight controls are keyboard.

I basically want to mimic my Arma 3 controls that I can fly very well with.

Collective up - space

Collective down - shift

pitch/roll - WASD

rudder - Q/E or Z/C

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/37502-get-your-helicopter-control-binds-here/

On 9/24/2019 at 12:33 AM, rainey06au said:

Hmm I came here looking for the answer to exactly this... how the heck are you supposed to control the choppers like this?  I bound one single key to roll and it rolls the aircraft right, lol.

This is a huge oversight @Melbo maybe you could talk to the team about this?

33 minutes ago, Tomato-Rifle said:

This is a huge oversight @Melbo maybe you could talk to the team about this?

It's known. It's the 1st iteration of helicopters. Expect more in depth controls in future patches. For now you can edit the ini file somewhat to make it to your liking.