Tartantyco

Remove the "HAB here" marker from Territory Control.

I'm a bit confused on this, are you talking about removing the hab creation marker? Because you can create a hab in territories. Maybe you can clarify?

10 hours ago, The Goth Cat said:

I'm a bit confused on this, are you talking about removing the hab creation marker? Because you can create a hab in territories. Maybe you can clarify?

In the v16 test build, if you have a territory that borders and enemy territory with an active HAB in it, a HAB marker shows up in the center of the territory, effectively giving you free intel. It's part of a "hex fortification" system wherein you can't cap a territory if there is an active enemy HAB in it.

Bascially, two useless additions to TC have been implemented that serve literally no point to them and severely undermine key aspects of emergent gameplay and teamwork.

There is still a need to pinpoint radio and hab locations for demo and squad formations, as a bonafide combat Engi I can safely say that a hex of 100m is not nearly accurate enough for a stealth mission approach considering that someone may have seen it directly and marked it ahead of time before I engage.

Edited by The Goth Cat

On 25.9.2019 at 10:06 PM, The Goth Cat said:

There is still a need to pinpoint radio and hab locations for demo and squad formations, as a bonafide combat Engi I can safely say that a hex of 100m is not nearly accurate enough for a stealth mission approach considering that someone may have seen it directly and marked it ahead of time before I engage.

As another bonafide combat engineer it doesn't matter that you're a bonafide combat engineer.

100m is easily accurate enough for FOB Hunting. I usually locate enemy FOBs based on enemy movements, disposition, and distribution without even a 300m radius to narrow it down.

But that's not the issue. The issue is a) that you're giving the team free intel and b) that you're adding an unnecessary layer of complication with the hex fortification system.

You can dismiss me all you like but my point stands, having more information is always better than not.

I can't tell you you are complaining about having the markers placable in the gamemode or of you are complaining about having the hex markers change when a hab is built..

n1 Tartantyco.

(totally guesssing here) I think it may be some low level game logic, to do with the markers and when they are shown. I've noticed in the SDK, in AAS, that an enemy Spawn can be seen even though you should not really be able to see it - maybe it's a similar thing with the TC HAB markers showing when they really should not?

22 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

n1 Tartantyco.

(totally guesssing here) I think it may be some low level game logic, to do with the markers and when they are shown. I've noticed in the SDK, in AAS, that an enemy Spawn can be seen even though you should not really be able to see it - maybe it's a similar thing with the TC HAB markers showing when they really should not?

No, it's an intentional addition by the devs. They've added a completely pointless "hex fortification" system where if you have an active HAB in a territory, that territory will show a HAB shield marker in the center if the enemy team holds the adjacent territory. This HAB shield marker denoting that the territory is "fortified" is visible to the enemy team. They don't have to find the HAB or anything, the game just gives them free intel. It is entirely intentional that this marker be visible to the enemy because it's supposed to tell them that they can't cap that territory until they deactivate the HAB. It's just utter nonsense.

I think the logic was that if you're building a FOB on a hex then you mean to defend it and the system wants to 'reward' you for doing that by locking down the hex. If you want a hidden FOB then you make it outside of the territory hexes.

I also don't really like it. You already get enough information when you see a territory being capped, if you've got a FOB there then you can spawn and defend the hex.

I didn't even know that was a thing....lol  No wonder a lot of the HABs get rekt while your hex is getting capped.

I'd rather have it show nothing.  If you have a good hidden HAB you should get rewarded for it.  At the same time a HAB alone shouldn't prevent a CAP.

If you made it that the HAB was non removable, maybe that would make it worth while.  Its very rare for a FOB to stay fullstop.  I think might be nice to have if a SL sees the hab it marks it, then the label turn up.  

Agree with OP. I like TC, but The Hex Fortification system and "HAB here" marker just 2 new ways of dumbing the game mode down and fails to create an added dimension to the game mode. It just feels contrived, like a desperate attempt to make superfobbing a thing. It just makes the game feel more linear and the gameplay less varied. "Here, now you must go here and find the HAB, now you must take down the HAB, now you can cap the hex", etc. It also reduces the value of recon, by giving up the HAB location from the get-go.