Trey of Spades

Helicopter Joystick Support

Forcing one to engage in 3 dimensional vehicular travel with nothing more than a mouse and keyboard is mental torture. There is so much potential if you offer us joystick support for the helicopters, especially for those of us that want nothing more than to provide heli support for our teammates. By those of us I mean we who spend countless hours on flight simulators anyways and would be invaluable if given the chance at utilizing your helicopters with JOYSTICKS.

Yes, we need two things. Joystick/Gamepad support, or at least well working mouse and keyboard controls. The current controls are pretty horrible. Also why in gods name dont we get a proper hud as a pilot? We only get the small instrument window, which distracts you from what is actually going on. Sorry guys, but this needs at least 1-2 more months of solid work before it should go into proper testing. 

I agree, but only if you have to have the joystick at your feet and fly with your toes so you can still freelook around with the mouse.

If they're going to support helis they could go a little further and support other vehicles as well. Controlling techis, bikes, truck etc would all benefit at least from controller support.

I think the developers are already preparing joystick support. By editing the input configuration file, I could set up my HOTAS to be used for pitch, yaw and roll in the test build. Unfortunately, there is no absolute collective axis, making it impossible to use the HOTAS throttle as a collective.

Btw, by editing the configuration file you can use an XBOX controller for ground vehicles as well, even outside of the test build. 

No joystick support, not much point.

I have only seen videos of the choppers in flight and  it does look like a very very  dumbed down  flight model that's in use. It wont hurt to have a flight model that does require a bit of time to master.

2 hours ago, Rambo-16AAB said:

No joystick support, not much point.

I have only seen videos of the choppers in flight and  it does look like a very very  dumbed down  flight model that's in use. It wont hurt to have a flight model that does require a bit of time to master.

That is true, their flight model is crappy.

But the joystick is a cool feature that also goes for armor. Is an extra that makes it cooler.

I managed to do some bindings in the config file for my Hotas X. But I have trouble getting my throttle working. Has any one found a fix for that? Main axis on the joystick works great!

On 9/24/2019 at 4:07 AM, MeFirst said:

Yes, we need two things. Joystick/Gamepad support, or at least well working mouse and keyboard controls. The current controls are pretty horrible. Also why in gods name dont we get a proper hud as a pilot? We only get the small instrument window, which distracts you from what is actually going on. Sorry guys, but this needs at least 1-2 more months of solid work before it should go into proper testing. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is finding it frustrating! I used to use the keyboard to pilot helos in Battlefield 2, etc and I'm finding the mouse adjustment really bloody hard!

joystick support is allready there in your savefiles. But has no analogue collective control, return to center stick, and no aerodynamics.

Hope they fix this..

On 2019-10-11 at 7:57 AM, LaughingJack said:

including rudder? - i have a twist stick

No not yet. Rotate still not work.

I guess there is no support for analog input for throttle and rudder yet in game.

Maybe it can be fixed with a shortcut program that can map analog joystick movements to buttons that can be set in the config?