Gatzby

Alpha 16 Test + OISC Kickoff

Hey squaddies!

We’re extremely excited to announce that we’ll be launching the Alpha 16 Public Test on Monday, September 23rd at 10:30 AM PDT!

There’s plenty to look forward to, but let’s cut straight to the chase: we want your feedback on the first iteration of choppers! As a first release, you can expect some bugs, but we want you involved in shaping the future of choppers. Be sure to let us know what you think!

mi8_airborne-700x394.jpg

The playtest will be available using your Squad – Public Testing app in the Steam Library — this is a completely separate, full install of Squad, in addition to your retail copy that will remain available. Which is great, because we’ve got a tournament beginning this weekend! (See below for more details.) Standby for further announcement once the test goes live and is available for download!

OWI SQUAD CHAMPIONSHIP FIRST ROUND

In addition to the start of A16 public testing next week, we have the first rounds of the Offworld Industries Squad Championship kicking off this Sunday, September 22nd! We announced the official tournament a few weeks ago and now our teams lined up ready to fight the first round of the group stages. To make sure our tournament gets off to the best start possible we have brought the heat with livestreams hosted by some of our creative partners!

trackattack-700x700.jpg

Catch the Sunday schedule below, or check the tournament page for full information, rules, and team roster! And be sure to enable notifications on the JoinSquad Twitch page to see when we go live.

See you on the helipad, Squaddies! Fly safe!

OFFWORLD OUT.

42 minutes ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

Will helis be added to the range so players can practice?

I wouldn't see why they wouldn't be added to the Range. Every update/playtest that we gotten, all the features were in the range.

Edited by WarEagle751

Finally the roflcopter goes SOI SOI SOI again!

EDT: Also maybe its time for the old PR meme to start again? Fast ropes when?

The helicopters and the pilots in them are missing the collective lever (the handbrake-like control on the left side of the seat that the pilot's left hand should always be on). I hope there are plans to update the player and vehicle models and animations to include this control?

Hope the flight model will be no basic but something more accurate than this.
I mean, is not a car, so not everyone should be able to pilot it.

14 hours ago, Mauti said:

@EA_SUCKS according to their roadmap v16 also includes a new map called Mutaha.

oh yeah, that map looks cool, although I would prefer Muttrah over Mutaha

23 hours ago, TempestMkV said:

Hope the flight model will be no basic but something more accurate than this.
I mean, is not a car, so not everyone should be able to pilot it.

Haven't played but I hope it will be exactly like in PR. It was easy to screw up so you had to train but you could master it after a couple of hours in. 

btw does it help to install the current public beta version? Will there just be a update to that current one or will we have to redownload the whole thing?

1 hour ago, MikeDude said:

btw does it help to install the current public beta version? Will there just be a update to that current one or will we have to redownload the whole thing?

I think it does not matter much, people who already have it downloaded will probably receive just a patch, or if you dont (like me), you will have to download the whole thing, its up to you the choice

2 hours ago, MikeDude said:

Fastropes when?

maybe next year, I still remember when choppers were close to be releases back in 2015 xD

2 hours ago, EA_SUCKS said:

I still remember when choppers were close to be releases back in 2015

I remember Angry Joe's video on it: "They are just about to release helicopters...".

2 hours ago, EA_SUCKS said:

I think it does not matter much, people who already have it downloaded will probably receive just a patch, or if you dont (like me), you will have to download the whole thing, its up to you the choice

maybe next year, I still remember when choppers were close to be releases back in 2015 xD

It was only a mention to the goold old PR days :)

Hi All,

Someone can  tell me why Squad do not support My joy? At the first start I did see some joy setup, but already missing. Windows is see my joy 100% working order, but Squad is not.

Pesonaly to Me missing the feeling of the speed. In BF2 or PR was a bit better. There I feelt the speed better. According Me the heli not enough mobile (manoverable).

Edited by vaktyuk

11 minutes ago, EcchiRevenge said:

Why are they updating public testing without a single patchnote?

Change lists for the test are displayed in the official discord
https://discord.gg/squad

Yesterday
-Fixed Mi-8 passengers ejecting mid air
-Hand Held Smoke grenades now develop smoke quicker, increased smoke cloud volume which lasts longer
-Fixed Bradley driver being vulnerable to main cannons and radial damage
-Added ambient sounds to Mutaha

Today
-Mutaha RAAS_v1 enabled ticket bleed
-Fixed gorodok apartment buildings missing exterior meshes
-Fixed issue with wrong impact FX and sounds for tank shells
-Fixed health bar background on the helicopters and vehicles being too hard to see, setting it to a grey
-Increased turn momentum to alleviate unrealistically quick left/right zigzag movement, most notable when sprinting
-Fixed Pilot and Lead Pilot icons missing from the Icon Legend
-Fix commander chat saying DIRECT when using ALL
-Further environment asset fixes on Mutaha
-Tweaks to the heli flight model
-Added a line on the heli control panel to indicate how much collective allows you to hover

6 minutes ago, Dubs said:

-Increased turn momentum to alleviate unrealistically quick left/right zigzag movement, most notable when sprinting

OMG, yes, now I can reinstall Squad.

3 hours ago, Dubs said:

Change lists for the test are displayed in the official discord
https://discord.gg/squad

Yesterday
-Fixed Mi-8 passengers ejecting mid air
-Hand Held Smoke grenades now develop smoke quicker, increased smoke cloud volume which lasts longer
-Fixed Bradley driver being vulnerable to main cannons and radial damage
-Added ambient sounds to Mutaha

Today
-Mutaha RAAS_v1 enabled ticket bleed
-Fixed gorodok apartment buildings missing exterior meshes
-Fixed issue with wrong impact FX and sounds for tank shells
-Fixed health bar background on the helicopters and vehicles being too hard to see, setting it to a grey
-Fixed Pilot and Lead Pilot icons missing from the Icon Legend
-Fix commander chat saying DIRECT when using ALL
-Further environment asset fixes on Mutaha
-Tweaks to the heli flight model
-Added a line on the heli control panel to indicate how much collective allows you to hover

Still no full changelog for the v16 test though; there were quite a few things that were changed (like AK-74 sound, technical gunshield seems more usable instead of only blocks field of vision...etc.) that were not listed.