Sign in to follow this  
F4tm4n

logistical trucks and fob radios

ok so the current meta in squad is to kill the people running the truck and leave it there thats great and everything smart gameplay 10/10. but it takes away from the teams ability to enjoy the game and kinda making it a low key troll move. so it would be nice if the logistical trucks ticket value was equal to whatever a radios ticket value is (10) to kinda shift the focus to destroying and letting them respawn this would also make a logi truck more valuable than say just a gun techie or mrap vic which seems fair. i feel like this would eliminate some steamroll type situations and make the game more fun overall even while your loosing. it would also hopefully make people play smarter with the logis to counter the greater value of them. 

Edited by F4tm4n

Even with a higher ticket value for the logi truck, I still think that denying the truck to the enemy will still persist. I think that most maps only have three logi trucks in the beginning (might be off on that number). This means that losing a truck is cutting of a third of that team's logistical capability.

Even if the meta switched to destroying rather than disabling, how would the destruction be done? The C4 of the combat engineer is almost always better used on a radio. An AT gunner might be able to spare a rocket but with the high amount of vehicle threats in a normal game means that those too are spent better elsewhere. Better yet with the supply mechanics in the game and less and less experienced squad leaders, resupplying the squad is almost never considered. In most squads, the only time I see it happen is when we are wiped and forced to spawn at a FOB. Nobody has the ammo to waste on a lone truck. Much easier to stab the tires and leave. Vehicle crews are a different story as most the time they just destroy everything anyway.

Overall I get the problem you have with steamroll style games. Nobody but the winning team has fun with them. I think this is more of a problem with less experienced squad leads. Less and less SLs want to help the newbies learn the game and they simply leave for a bit. All that are left are a few decent SLs and  a lot of people that are forced in to the position way before they ever should have been. Due to lack of experience, logis get lost.

19 hours ago, F4tm4n said:

ok so the current meta in squad is to kill the people running the truck and leave it there thats great and everything smart gameplay 10/10. but it takes away from the teams ability to enjoy the game and kinda making it a low key troll move. so it would be nice if the logistical trucks ticket value was equal to whatever a radios ticket value is (10) to kinda shift the focus to destroying and letting them respawn this would also make a logi truck more valuable than say just a gun techie or mrap vic which seems fair. i feel like this would eliminate some steamroll type situations and make the game more fun overall even while your loosing. it would also hopefully make people play smarter with the logis to counter the greater value of them. 

The groups of people I typically play with can win most AAS/RAAS matches in a hasty fashion without a single FOB/HAB simply by spawning off well placed Uber Rally's plus supplying ammo off of various vehicles.

That said, the game should be hardcore & punishing to make you have to think. The core community wants brutal realism not the watered down snowflake prior version. Even the current version is much too forgiving. Leave the disabled Logi the way it is.

Edited by Zylfrax791

I think the biggest thing is that logi trucks get abandoned more than anything.

I ALWAYS return the logi to main.  75% of the time I see other SLs just abandoning it at the first FOB they make.

Those HABs eventually get found, destroyed, and the logi gets the tires cut.  There are no spawn points nearby so nobody recovers it.  Even if you do make it there, if you don't have a crew kit on, there's no ammo on the truck so you can switch kits and repair it.

If you get shot out of a logi, behind your lines, not your fault.

If you get shot out of a logi, making a risky play, not your fault if your other 2 logis aren't camped yet.

If you abandon your logi because you're too lazy to return it or make someone in your squad do it, your fault completely.