Sign in to follow this  
andreher

South America oficial server - Please!

Hello!

I would like to suggest Offworld to provide at least 1 oficial server for South America. We really need it!  Reasons below:

Having community servers is great and all, but I think it's not good to rely 100% on the community.

Since Squad is a multiplayer only game, the server plays a big part in the overall experience of the game.

Right now the South America community only have 1 server because all others were attacked by DDOS and had to shutdown.

The only avaliable server is hosted by the guy that:

• Charged real life money from players to be able to switch teams (After several reports the devs actually got in touch with him and forbidden it)
  • Charged real life money to remove temporary bans (called bail bans)
  • Already said that is planning to lockdown the commander kit to admins or donators only.
  • Bans everyone that he dislike.

So, everybody that buys the game in south america have to play in this server if they wish to play with less than 100ms.

I think this degrade the great job you are doing creating this amazing game, since there's no oficial neutral server avaliable to play in South America.

Meanwhile, other recent released games like Mordhau and Hell Let Loose, offer community servers but also at least 1 oficial server in each region.

That way they make sure there's at least 1 server where players may experience what the game really has to offer.

Do you think it's possible?

I bet this server would be full everyday if you decide to open it.

Thanks! And I hope you consider this request.

1 hour ago, andreher said:

Hello!

I would like to suggest Offworld to provide at least 1 oficial server for South America. We really need it!  Reasons below:

Having community servers is great and all, but I think it's not good to rely 100% on the community.

Since Squad is a multiplayer only game, the server plays a big part in the overall experience of the game.

Right now the South America community only have 1 server because all others were attacked by DDOS and had to shutdown.

The only avaliable server is hosted by the guy that:

• Charged real life money from players to be able to switch teams (After several reports the devs actually got in touch with him and forbidden it)
  • Charged real life money to remove temporary bans (called bail bans)
  • Already said that is planning to lockdown the commander kit to admins or donators only.
  • Bans everyone that he dislike.

So, everybody that buys the game in south america have to play in this server if they wish to play with less than 100ms.

I think this degrade the great job you are doing creating this amazing game, since there's no oficial neutral server avaliable to play in South America.

Meanwhile, other recent released games like Mordhau and Hell Let Loose, offer community servers but also at least 1 oficial server in each region.

That way they make sure there's at least 1 server where players may experience what the game really has to offer.

Do you think it's possible?

I bet this server would be full everyday if you decide to open it.

Thanks! And I hope you consider this request.

"Bail Bans" Wow! Sounds horrible! Thank G_d nothing like that kind of cronyism and extortion is going on up here in NA...

It's all Free Bubble Up and Rainbow Stew up here...

It is important to emphasize that all other SA community servers that tried to establish themselves were shutdown by heavy DDOS attacks, and now the only server that is still up is from this guy andreher mentioned... Which is pretty suspicious, isn't it?

Oh, I forgot to mention: this same guy that tried at all costs to get money from players has now started his own "house made server hosting service"(SpartanHostSERVERs, or something alike), to get even more money from clans/those who want to have a server without being attacked. It is like a monopoly and he is always searching for new ways to extort money from players.

We really need the devs attention here, before the SA community slowly withers.

Dev support for a local server surely could not prevent attacks.

I expect this would be the responsibility of the hosting service.

If there are enough players willing to support a server just go to a big hosting company and get some guarantees on service. 

2 hours ago, suds said:

Dev support for a local server surely could not prevent attacks.

I expect this would be the responsibility of the hosting service.

If there are enough players willing to support a server just go to a big hosting company and get some guarantees on service. 

Usually game dev companies can make partnership with hosting companies and so they could provide at least 1 oficial server for the player base at a lower price.

For them it can be seen as an investment. Since the game is multiplayer only, it's important to the players have a good server to play at.

I hope they consider this request