Sign in to follow this  
whattheface

Directional Audio - audio behind me incredibly quiet

Recently I noticed that audio behind me is incredibly quiet, almost nonexistent. Idk what's changed, everything used to be fine. I ran through all configurations, enabling and disabling devices, uninstalling and reinstalling, cleared game cache, etc. I am using steel series siberia 800 through an optical port with realtek hd. I've found that using the windows generic hd audio driver solves this issue, but there has to be a better way. Anyone else experience this? Additionally, I am using fake dolby on my headphones, but nothing is enabled computer side. I'm guessing its an issue with stereo mix on realtek's side, as even when i disabled fake dolby on my headphone, the issue was still present in normal stereo. With the optical cable on realtek, there isn't a way to configure stereo or not, so I'm thinking this is why the generic driver is working currently.

Made an account just to say that I have this exact same problem. My driver is also Realtek HD, which seems to be the common thread here. I've also seen several people post on Reddit about this very same issue popping up recently, which leads me to believe it has something to do with one of the most recent Windows updates ... maybe?

Anyways, it makes the game a lot less playable since sound is probably the most crucial element to battlefield awareness. Eager to see updates/how this could be resolved.

Edited by evdebs