Tewhano

Need help getting started

I have been searching for a FPS that is in fact first person and offers a key binding option. So far I have purchased and requested refunds on 3 games that did not deliver my expectations. I purchased Squad and played the ‘Firing Range’ option and decided this game fits the bill. Problem is that when I came to the part where you load a truck and drive it to a location the gate never opened. I don’t know if I was doing something wrong or my key binds weren’t working properly. Because of the previous disappointments I got frustrated and requested a refund. After seeing many YouTube videos I am convinced this is the game for me but if I can’t work out the controls I will only be a liability to a squad. My question is this: When I load the truck and get in to drive forward what did I need to do to raise the barrier? My other question is if you see me wanting to join your squad would you think “oh shit it’s that noob” and decline my request to join? ;o)

I've never played the tutorial to the end, but for the "noob" thing. If you have a mic and you tell your SL that you are new, he will not make a problem of it.

Just be sure to have a mic. New + no mic will get you kicked.

Don't be afraid to ask squadmates for help but it should be pretty clear.

For your keybinds, what seems to be the problem? They bind to another key or...?

I have since key binding became an option in PC games used my numbers pad on the keyboard. It appeared that binding the interaction key to number pad Enter didn’t seem to work sometimes. It may be that I didn’t understand what I was supposed to be doing? I did well up until the point of loading the truck and then it seemed the keys I pressed didn’t do anything.

Sure you didn't double bind something? The numbers on the keypad are also used for talking to SL's.

To load the truck, you have to hold the load button on the commo rose btw.

Edited by oTec

Thank you for your replies. Sorry I may have confused the issue with my second post.  I am able to load the truck. The problem is that when I load the truck and get in to drive to the destination the gate doesn't open to let me out. I try using different key presses on the gate but it never opens. Not sure if that is because my bindings are conflicting or there was something I missed to get the gate to open.

Thanks oTec for your help. I went through the bindings and sorted out any repeated keys. The problem I was having with the gate had nothing to do with the key bindings. Apparently there were two different loads I had to load on the truck and until I loaded the correct amount of both loads the gates remained closed.

22 hours ago, Tewhano said:

Thanks oTec for your help. I went through the bindings and sorted out any repeated keys. The problem I was having with the gate had nothing to do with the key bindings. Apparently there were two different loads I had to load on the truck and until I loaded the correct amount of both loads the gates remained closed.

Alright, glad to know you managed to solve it.