r3volution

Shots / Bullets stopped when firing over cover

Caveat : I don't know if this has been reported already so apologies if it's a duplicate (I've done a bunch of searches but couldn't see anything specifically about this).

I noticed over the course of last weekend's play that shot placement seems to be slightly out (read low) regarding cover height versus the weapon firing angle and height. When a weapon is fired over sandbags or hesco barriers, it seems like quite frequently the bullets get stopped by the barrier even though the weapon barrel and sights appear to be clear of or higher than the object being fired over. I don't know if anyone else has observed or reported anything like this already?

I wasn't really sure whether this was more generally a symptom of the hitreg issue, but figured I might as well post here and see if anyone had noticed similar things during the last weekend's play?

For obvious reasons its hard to capture with screenshots but I could try and record some footage of it this weekend if that might help. 

It hasn't been reported but the problem is known, thank you for the report!

would be good to get someone to take some video. 

The reality is.. and this may not be your case..  a lot of people dont realize the bullet is coming out of the barrel.   ;)

m4a1_720.jpg

I actually sat there and explained it to a few squaddies in game.. and they were like..  ah..... so my sight isnt my bullet..  correct.. it is not.. 

We might also have some proximity issues with nearby collisions registering a hit. As well.. some collisions on rocks for example.. tend to be less than perfect.. 

thats why videos help us narrow down issues. Often what the player perceives as happening is not actually whats happening. 

;)

I think i had the proximitiy issue couple of times. I Shot a RPG or 40mm grenade just over de wall but it got stuck just above the wall. You can see the warhead on the wall.

IrOnTaXi: Fair call man, but I'm confident in my memory that significant number of incidents I recalled were when I was firing without sighting in (e.g where I could see the muzzle position relative to the object). That was why it stood out so glaringly, as both the AK74 and the M4 have at least a couple inches between top of sight post and barrel height so I couldn't be as sure about sighted shots. I will try and record some video this coming weekend to demonstrate. 

IrOnTaXi: Fair call man, but I'm confident in my memory that significant number of incidents I recalled were when I was firing without sighting in (e.g where I could see the muzzle position relative to the object). That was why it stood out so glaringly, as both the AK74 and the M4 have at least a couple inches between top of sight post and barrel height so I couldn't be as sure about sighted shots. I will try and record some video this coming weekend to demonstrate. 

We are defo going to investigate.  keep an eye on it for us

I think i had the proximitiy issue couple of times. I Shot a RPG or 40mm grenade just over de wall but it got stuck just above the wall. You can see the warhead on the wall.

This happened to me a few times with the GL. Would pop over a wall, shoot a round and watch it go straight up in the air , pretty comical hahaha

Well I dont know if it was something to do with the hitreg or my lag or what, but I'm not noticing any of this on rifles at least in this build.

Well I dont know if it was something to do with the hitreg or my lag or what, but I'm not noticing any of this on rifles at least in this build.

Roger. good to know.