Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
drfreee

Weapon customization or class customization

Recommended Posts

Why devs not adding customization ? i dont wanna use acog in cqb

Edited by drfreee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then don't click on the class and change to iron sights or red dot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, drfreee said:

Why devs not adding customization ? i dont wanna use acog in cqb

Because

a) this is hybrid of Milsim and not Arcade shooters like Battlefield and/or CoD? In real life you work with what you get issued and no magically get to choose what to put on the weapon.

b) Building from the point a, that this will be leading this game towards being Arcade FPS instead of hybrid milsim, this will cause the game to become more boring, with no diverse gameplay or thinking what and where to pick. 

c) You already have access to infinite Rifleman Kit with Reflex Optics for almost every faction (besides irregular forces for obvious reasons, - irregular forces don't have large military budgets for nifty collimator and reflex sights/optics - which goes back to point a, that this is "Hybrid Milism that supposed to lean towards realistic gameplay and not Just Your Other Average FPS Run And Gun), which makes your suggestion/complaint is irrelevant.

Edited by Caliell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Caliell said:

b) Building from the point a, that this will be leading this game towards being Arcade FPS instead of hybrid milsim, this will cause the game to become more boring, with no diverse gameplay or thinking what and where to pick.

The gun handling already feels like an Arcade FPS except for the recoil and the diverse gameplay is lacking because nearly all classes have a close-mid range rifle. For the diverse gameplay aspect, most classes have the same gameplay even for AT and Engineers if they didn't roam around hunting Vic's and Radio's (staying away from the squad). 

 

The SL has access to a sexy build menu but too bad the feature is only useful for 3 things spawn, AT, suppressing (rarely used).

 

At least with the new Vic's and specially helo's in the future, we got something different and will help the game to be more dynamic and less monotone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Phoenixstorm said:

The gun handling already feels like an Arcade FPS except for the recoil and the diverse gameplay is lacking because nearly all classes have a close-mid range rifle. For the diverse gameplay aspect, most classes have the same gameplay even for AT and Engineers if they didn't roam around hunting Vic's and Radio's (staying away from the squad).

Feels like an arcade FPS? Are you kidding me!? The gunplay in squad in nothing like any arcade FPS I ever seen, if a “arcade” game had this gunplay it would fail. I fail to understand how anyone would think the gunplay is “Arcady”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Caliell said:

Because

a) this is hybrid of Milsim and not Arcade shooters like Battlefield and/or CoD? In real life you work with what you get issued and no magically get to choose what to put on the weapon.

b) Building from the point a, that this will be leading this game towards being Arcade FPS instead of hybrid milsim, this will cause the game to become more boring, with no diverse gameplay or thinking what and where to pick. 

c) You already have access to infinite Rifleman Kit with Reflex Optics for almost every faction (besides irregular forces for obvious reasons, - irregular forces don't have large military budgets for nifty collimator and reflex sights/optics - which goes back to point a, that this is "Hybrid Milism that supposed to lean towards realistic gameplay and not Just Your Other Average FPS Run And Gun), which makes your suggestion/complaint is irrelevant.

u re in military ? i think you're not in the miltiary 

 

and i never said make this game like cod or btf but removing scope is possible i am not sayying do this at battleground but when we spawning we should able to select like insurgency and his system was awsome go check that out. 

Edited by drfreee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2019 at 12:16 PM, drfreee said:

u re in military ? i think you're not in the miltiary 

 

and i never said make this game like cod or btf but removing scope is possible i am not sayying do this at battleground but when we spawning we should able to select like insurgency and his system was awsome go check that out. 

Actually I was in the military for 8 years, and I have played Insurgency which is very Arcadey CQB style shooter. Squad is derived from PR and in my opinion should stay that way. My point still stands and in no way Either Insurgency's or Insurgency: Sandstorm gameplay will add anything positive due to already fickle balance in Squad. The fact that 80 to 90 of Insurgency's gameplay is between close to medium ranges, proves the point that this is big No No. 

 

Here is team oriented, class style oriented hybrid FPS and there is kind of ish realistic (if you are some kind of special forces), but customization you asking for made irrelevant, due to relatively short ranges the gameplay in vast majority of scenarios happening (in Insurgency).

 

Overall, the reason why I believe you cannot just switch to Reflex/Collimator sights or Iron sights at whim, is due to how it would be ripe for abuse based on inherent game design. You are playing let's Say US Army's Grenadier that only have ACOG and M203 with Leaf sight (which is weird since most M203s come with right handed sights akin to what British Army have), and you can juggle weapon sights at no penalty. If going to realism sake argument, you can't do that since you will be losing Zero on your sight, and videogame balance sake, you will be flipping between very capable sniper class and CQB class without penalty.

Edited by Caliell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BF2:PR has ability to switch to back-up sights present on many optics. Class customization isn't required to have CQB sights on optics

Edited by paragonid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2019 at 6:21 AM, Thegreenzzz said:

Feels like an arcade FPS? Are you kidding me!? The gunplay in squad in nothing like any arcade FPS I ever seen, if a “arcade” game had this gunplay it would fail. I fail to understand how anyone would think the gunplay is “Arcady”. 

v9 was as close as Squad ever got to Arcade gunplay and even that would be considered way over on the periphery of the classification considering it still lacked numerous standard Arcade features.

 

Currently the only Arcade features in the game I would even consider Arcade are  the Quake/Unreal Tournament sprinting speed, the unrealistic encumbrance, the fantasy teleportation devices (HAB's & Rally Points) and perhaps maybe even the ammo bags but even that's a stretch.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if you saw, but normal rifleman class has an un-magnified version (iron sights/red dot)

"customization" is done on the "role" level. Each role has a specific load out. Within that load out, some have "secondary options". If your squad meets the requirements, you can choose to switch out the primary. For INS light anti tank, they can swap out a magnified rifle for a smg and and extra rpg rocket for example.

There is customization, its just not on each solider to pick each kit piece.

Im sure its not easy to code and implement.

 

I hope we get additional "secondary options" on each kit.

I'd like to see kits made for specific tasks; "raider" with like 8 nades, "saboteur" suppressed primary w/ ton of smoke etc. Or if we could choose a version of the kit with more of a specific item. Like choosing a kit with no smokes but more frags, or no pistol but add Binoculars, or a "scout" with more BOOMS in exchange for no primary.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×