Sign in to follow this  
Mad_Dog8762

Increased Aim Punch to improve the flow of CQC

First let me say that most of the combat is VERY enjoyable in this game

HOWEVER< I have always disliked the CQC combat, as it just doesn't feel right.

IRL, in 99 out of 100 cases, the one to win a CQC fight is the one that hits first, but in this game, without any aim punch, all too often I will hit my opponent first but still lose the fight because he got a headshot. 

I think adding aim punch (the mechanic where a player's aim is physically jerked around when hit) would help make CQC fights feel more natural. 

6 hours ago, Mad_Dog8762 said:

IRL, in 99 out of 100 cases, the one to win a CQC fight is the one that hits first, but in this game, without any aim punch, all too often I will hit my opponent first but still lose the fight because he got a headshot. 

I think adding aim punch (the mechanic where a player's aim is physically jerked around when hit) would help make CQC fights feel more natural. 

Yep I second that. Also for long range and medium range fights flinch need to be added, if the bullet hit objects (spall flying towards eyes) on near head. For CQC it is been called FIBS (f*ck I've Been Shot) effect which is lacking in this game.

16 hours ago, Thegreenzzz said:

Personal I absolutely hate the idea of aim punch, but you can’t please all I guess

I don't know why would you hate it, when it will pull the game towards more milsim side and not towards Battlefield or CoD Run and Gun.

On 10.9.2019 at 3:03 AM, Mad_Dog8762 said:

+1

That would really helpfull and support a more immersive experience.

I would also like to add that currently there is no difference between healthy + empty stamina and near-death/revived player in regards to sway/aim accuracy and that feels kinda awkward, to be honest.

On top, more times than often especially in CQC if someone getting shot in the back and he gets behind cover (doesn't know who hit em) an exp/skilled players will reliable poke the same corner and eliminate the thread consistently even if the thread is 50-100m (non CQC range) away in a long hallway between buildings because there is no punishment for getting hit in sway/accuracy.

That's all makes Squad fell just like any other fps out there in regards to gunplay and I really hope that will change someday to be unique and more fun to play.

I totaly agree on adding aimpunch. Other users on reddit replied to my post about it and were mostly ok with it and gave suggestions on how to implement it too 

https://www.reddit.com/r/joinsquad/comments/cpzb3u/please_add_aimpunch

Discord is a different story though... there is fear people won't enjoy gunfights because of aimpunch, with all the negative consequences that it brings. 

My thought is that fun engagements in Squad are important to have, feels good to hit an enemy, but it's no good if the enemy that you have hit has still the ability to kill one of your squadmates or you because his fighting abilities are not compromised to the point he can't arm your team accurately. 

So yes, for a more tactical driven, squad based experience, i support aimpunch feature to be added

Edited by BassSanto

For aim punch feels really unfair, like someone is pushing my mouse around while I’m playing. I come from a more fast paced shooter background, that’s probably why

@Thegreenzzz 

I wouldn't call it unfair, it happens to both players. All it would do is make close to medium ranged combat a bit better than it currently is. Forcing people to take up better positions and move around more carefully.

Currently players can just run around and shoot without punishment really, even if the running player gets shot first, he could still come out on top with a lucky headshot, this shouldn't be the case in Squad imo.

Players who move around more carefully looking around every corner and covering their teammates are currently being punished instead by some cheeky run&gun player who barely knows what he's doing.

10 minutes ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

@Thegreenzzz 

I wouldn't call it unfair, it happens to both players. All it would do is make close to medium ranged combat a bit better than it currently is. Forcing people to take up better positions and move around more carefully.

Currently players can just run around and shoot without punishment really, even if the running player gets shot first, he could still come out on top with a lucky headshot, this shouldn't be the case in Squad imo.

Players who move around more carefully looking around every corner and covering their teammates are currently being punished instead by some cheeky run&gun player who barely knows what he's doing.

So I can have a shot lined up and someone fires a random shot into my bush and I miss. I feel a bit cheated there. Course this is pretty specific 

27 minutes ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

It's only for when you get hit i think.

Only if your hit? That’s a bit better, I thought it was like suppression where you aim gets a jolt when a bullet comes close to you

On 10/9/2019 at 3:03 AM, Mad_Dog8762 said:

+1

OR sth similar. but on the right track for me.