Sign in to follow this  
F4tm4n

Insta-Death?

ok so its been a couple patches now sense the removal of instadeath. i find on occasion that more than half of my kills are revives that seems very steep. i would say this happens about 10% of the time or so. so my take on insta death is it needs to be part of the game or its removal better compensated for in related mechanics like bleed out timer. i feel like if insta death is just an absolute no go then a sub 1 minute bleed out timer should be incorporated i realise in no way real but i feel like you would bleed out fairlly quick from several shots. if insta death was to be added again perhaps only to certain types of death situation like being blown up by any sort of explosive or fragmenting thing, dieing in a vehicle, being hit by any emplaced machinegun round or above(not a 1 shot kill but if this was to be what killed you. u get it). obviouslly i will say the headshot and knife kill but that would be more as a reward based on luck/skill this would also add incentive to headshot slightlly without really changing the damage system in any way because it is rewarded with instant -1 ticket. beyond my kd's i very often see vic kd's with about half there kills revived miostlly due to engaging infasntry at range and not getting all of em and thats like basically every game not just a handfull of times. so i feel something should be done about the ease of such drastic differances in downs and kills numbers im sure not all will agree anything needs to be done or this is the way to do it. just my thoughts.

I agree, there should be ... it would be nice to have insta-death (non-revivable) for:

1. Headshot, from any calibre.

2. Knife, any hit.

3. Expolsion, if within the central high damage zone.

4. Vehicle, being hit by or exiting, at 'speed'.

2 hours ago, F4tm4n said:

then a sub 1 minute bleed out timer

how about make that timer only about 10-15 seconds? after all we're talking serious trauma if we're skirting 'insta-death'

as an aside, i don't think Medics should be able to 'heal thyself'.

8 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

I agree, there should be ... it would be nice to have insta-death (non-revivable) for:

2. Knife, any hit.

how about make that timer only about 10-15 seconds? after all we're talking serious trauma if we're skirting 'insta-death'

I made a suggestion earlier about it, that timer from instant death to bleedout should be dictated by the weapons used by the player starting from Large (obviously tank cannons, Rocket Launchers, IFVs weapons, Missiles) - Instant Death to small arms and melee (melee at the lowest and YES that is realistic since knife wounds are not as lethal as bullet wounds), where timer depends on whether there was or lack of headshot and how many times had the victim had been revived (obviously someone who just got revived and suddenly got incapacitated again, should have smaller window till death).

Yesterday, I caught HEAT RPG 7 rocket square into the chest from the second floor of the school in the game and.... I WAS MIRACOUSLY REVIVED BY MY SQUADDIE! 

Why knives shouldn't be insta death? Well because in reality to kill for sure with the knife, you need a lot more than one simple stab, thus making it realistic. Even in situations where one single stab wound ended up being lethal, victims usually died by bleeding out).

Furthermore I believe bleeding (while not incapacitated) should also depend on the caliber someone had been wounded with. 

Insta death is a must have in this game.Thats all i will say.

10 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

2. Knife, any hit.

Spot On mate...What ever OWI decides,I/we hope we get the Option to change it (Mods).