Sign in to follow this  
Zylfrax791

Nanisivik_RAAS_v2

Canada vs. USA? Really? Who even thinks this up? Everybody even has the same Logi & Transport trucks... Ridiculous. Why even whitelist such a dumb matchup? Even Canada vs. INS would make more sense. The only thing stupider was USA vs. the British on that Kamdesh layer...

Likley to do with loadouts as opposed to anything else, look pass the flags it's a game!

47 minutes ago, SHO-SHIN said:

Likley to do with loadouts as opposed to anything else, look pass the flags it's a game!

Lol! Canada and the USA are allies. The whole premise is just silly is my point. Such a matchup even deviates from the stated authenticity and realism mantra's listed in the Kickstarter. Very cool map otherwise even though finding a server that's hosting it is a rare as hen's teeth.

1 hour ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Lol! Canada and the USA are allies. The whole premise is just silly is my point. Such a matchup even deviates from the stated authenticity and realism mantra's listed in the Kickstarter. Very cool map otherwise even though finding a server that's hosting it is a rare as hen's teeth.

It's a game, it's for fun. The game isn't and shouldn't be realistic on the politics side of things, the gameplay is.Factions are for representation of layouts, weapons, kits, vehicles, (also loosely, tactics). Not so much politics or allegiance.

Don't you think Western faction vs Eastern faction or Western/Eastern vs Unconventional Faction can get a little stale?

I love two western countries facing off, it's really interesting to see very similar factions against each other. Hell I'd love to going far as seeing a US Army vs USMC.

Edited by Feroaffer

When i did the US v Brit layer for kamdesh i called it "Wargame" it was laid out to be a **** around layer. Pitting two teams evenly balanced against each other in what is an unlikely scenario.

also the biggest reason.

5 hours ago, SHO-SHIN said:

look pass the flags it's a game!

@Zylfrax791  I love how you are being triggered by this. This is not modern political simulator or even milsim, show me where it's stated on kickstarter?

Call it a modern Troy(the movie) story.

Ivanka Trump escapes to Canada to be with Justin Trudeau. Jared Kushner is pissed and gets Donald to invade Canada to get her back.

3000.jpg?width=620&quality=45&auto=forma

And hence it came to be known as the Battle at Nanisivik, 2019

Edited by Jevski

1 hour ago, Jevski said:

Call it a modern Troy(the movie) story.

Ivanka Trump escapes to Canada to be with Justin Trudeau. Jared Kushner is pissed and gets Donald to invade Canada to get her back.

3000.jpg?width=620&quality=45&auto=forma

And hence it came to be known as the Battle at Nanisivik, 2019

Lol...!! Loved it!

In all reality though NATO has no unity and I would not think that NATO members would ever come to help if we get attacked. Since we are much smaller in population we would just be used as buffer zone vs. eastern block.

That being said I think from games perspective I thinks its fine to have either us vs uk or us vs caf. And I like realistic setting but this would be exception for me. Thats my opinion.

On 2019-09-05 at 6:08 PM, Player 1 said:

So what about irregulars vs insurgents? Where's the authenticity in that? No one's crying about it.

In another turn towards 20th century American-style capitalism, Russian oligarchs begin employing PMCs in the middle east to secure investments along China's Belt and Road. 50 years later.. Metal Gear Solid. 

Or just the Wagner Group in Syria

Edited by pinko
found an authentic example