NEW PC Build but game doesnt run well

Alright so here is my build.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor

ASRock X570 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard

G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory

Sabrent Rocket 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

XFX Radeon RX 5700 8 GB Video Card

Raidmax 735 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

Game will skip around a bit and pause for a couple of seconds while im playing. Its pretty bad when i am in a vehicle because thats when it skips around more. When im driving it also seems very slow. Game has crashed a couple times on me as well when there is a ton of stuff going on.

In all game seems very jittery and is not running smooth. 

Thanks

Similar spec to me and my game also stutters occasionally. I think it is because the game is still in the Alpha stages.

I think it's your ram that might be holding it back, i remember reading that players with less than 12gb might have issues.

22 minutes ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

I think it's your ram that might be holding it back, i remember reading that players with less than 12gb might have issues.

The dude has 16 GB of RAM, how is it holding his system back?

Most demanding triple a games just require 16 GBs of RAM at most for recommended.

9 hours ago, NaCly said:

Alright so here is my build.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor

ASRock X570 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard

G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory

Sabrent Rocket 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

XFX Radeon RX 5700 8 GB Video Card

Raidmax 735 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

Game will skip around a bit and pause for a couple of seconds while im playing. Its pretty bad when i am in a vehicle because thats when it skips around more. When im driving it also seems very slow. Game has crashed a couple times on me as well when there is a ton of stuff going on.

In all game seems very jittery and is not running smooth. 

Thanks

The ue4 engine doesn’t work well with AMD I would upgrade 

Posted (edited)

Its the game, its not AMD; or NVIDIA. Its basically just the early stages, they have not optimized the game yet to work well with players pc's, I had the same issues, the issue I had was not only that squad had removed the directX file, it also has to do with the canadian update, most of the time I have issues playing when its a map with canadians, but if its not chances are very slim that the game crashes.

You should not worry one bit, with your specs it cant be your fault, but squads, if they dont intend to fix the issue and leaves it, then you will have to custom buiild your pc just for squad, because any other game, and game  developers make sure the game works for everyone, and only requires you to have the specs required, and you definitely have that.

I used to play squad with old hardware, and it worked perfectly fine, and we're talking old hardware Geforce GTX 770, and no issue. 16 GB ram, and 2k vram, I didn't get the full experience, but game was smooth, now I upgraded, and It crashes due to the canadian update, and other things they've added, itss their fault, not yours.

But then again its in early stages of development, are we allowed to complain, yes. because the issue is a fundamental issue, one they should have fixed before releasing the patches. they failed to do so, but should we expect them to make it a priority? no, its early stages, all we can hope is they actually fix the issue in time, so we can test the game properly.

Many users dont complain about crashing, but they will eventually, in some cases others are hit way before others, and it might be a hardware issue, but it shouldn't have to be, and when the updates and bugs catch up to people with better hardware, then they will start crashing, and so forth. 

And overall I shouldn't crash, I dont overheat, I dont get low fps, I dont get anything that these people ask us to do if we crash, yet I still crash.

Edited by Atlan

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Daddy-Baby said:

what is your settings in game ?

Epic and cinematic.  I only get stuttering very occasionally. I Take it you have updated all the drivers and done a fresh install of Windows?? If you bought computer the preloaded with Windows they have a habit of filling it with other junk and old drivers.

Oops quoted wrong guy! 

Edited by Seamus

On 2019-08-31 at 10:09 AM, ZXD_Lee said:

The ue4 engine doesn’t work well with AMD I would upgrade 

Lies. I have an old ryzen 1700 and the game is buttery smooth at max settings at 1440p (except AA). No stutters what so ever.
I think the stutters often come from resources loading from disk or background programs running. Try install the game on SSD if you have the space and always run the game in "real" fullscreen and not borderless for the absolute best performance.

On 9/1/2019 at 10:26 AM, Rainmaker said:

AMD: 74 cores, can't run tetris

lol, I know it's a joke but I get something similar on my i7 periodically.  It's buttery smooth except for a small stutter or a very brief pause every minute or two randomly.  I just chalk it up to the game still being worked on because besides that it runs great.

Try turning off distance shadows. That kinda solved it for me.

Edited by fidanym

3 hours ago, fidanym said:

Try turning off distance shadows. That kinda solved it for me.

Thats cheating! Reeeeeeee!