I just purchased the game today, im very pleased with the features and aspects of Squad, though there is a small problem I am facing that is with communication. I join a lobby I press V for local B for squad and G for command. Which I receive no reply. Sure maybe a prank may be ignored. So I get a friend on and see if he hears anything, puts him in my lobby in my squad etc. He hears nothing. Problem. I have a STEEL SERIES Arctis 7 wireless headset. Ive tried using default device configurations for the sound options under the control panel, ive tried updating all my drivers, even running steam as administrator. Hell I even went on the forums for hours and it seems everyone is having the same problem as me though I hear others on the game using their mics so it seems its not a large issue. Is there an aspect that I am not considering ? someone knowledgeable please help. 

Posted (edited)

Make sure to activate your mic before you launch squad. If you disconnect it during the game or before launch, it will not work.

I got a wired Hyperx cloud core wich comes with a cable in wich i then plug my headset cable into, so my pin never leaves the pc.

If your mic works in discord or other games, then the problem is squad.

Edited by oTec

Indeed it does work in other games and discord. I figured it to be the game itself after I tried everything i could to fix it. Any ideas?

I also have a SteelSeries Arctis 7 Wireless, and am experiencing the same issue. I'm curious to know whether you have found a fix yet @Baja?

Six