Sign in to follow this  
War Room

Abandonded Vehicle Alert for Commander

Posted (edited)

Saw a few concerns about Abandonded vehicles. We need some way to penalize vehicles being abandoned or incentivize vehicle recovery/returns.

So i had an idea that a combination of factors ( time with no one in the vehicle, distance from a FOB, what time of vehicle, if it took damage, etc) could cause the (eventual) commander role to recieve an alert. This commander alert allows him to start addressing the issue and try and get a squad to dispatch some people to attempt to recover the vehicle back to a FOB or main base. If vehicle recover was successful, this could award X number of tickets to the team. If you want to go the other way, an abanded vehicle could effect vehicle spawn times a main base or some other penalty on the squad/ team until vehicle is destroyed or recovered. 

Edited by War Room
Spelling

8 minutes ago, War Room said:

If you want to go the other way, an abanded vehicle could effect vehicle spawn times a main base or some other penalty on the squad/ team until vehicle is destroyed or recovered. 

Just FYI such a feature was already previously in the game.

If you press M you can see vics and then press the appropriate voice com to talk to the appropriate SL.

I really don't want commanders. Intel service yes, commander no.

On 8/29/2019 at 10:22 PM, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Make it so,enemies can occupy Unattended vehicles & Use their assets.   

heheh, ;) 

this would also make the vehicles even more valuable, as an asset to keep safe, yes?

On 8/29/2019 at 9:35 PM, suds said:

I really don't want commanders. Intel service yes, commander no.

i was thinking about this today and came to the conclusion that Squad may not need a Commander role.

my idea is this: One 3-man squad of 1xSL and 1-2xDMR (or roles with bino's) that call themselves Command/Intel squad. That SL can sit back, send out his DMR "scouts" to report to him and then he can do all the map marking and comms to the other SL's.

could this achieve the same ends without needing to add the whole Commander role and associated stuffs to the game? 

just a thought :)

4 minutes ago, LaughingJack said:

i was thinking about this today and came to the conclusion that Squad may not need a Commander role.

my idea is this: One 3-man squad of 1xSL and 1-2xDMR (or roles with bino's) that call themselves Command/Intel squad. That SL can sit back, send out his DMR "scouts" to report to him and then he can do all the map marking and comms to the other SL's.

could this achieve the same ends without needing to add the whole Commander role and associated stuffs to the game? 

just a thought :)

Commander and several air crewman are simply going to add to the vehicle crewman that are already off the flag. Naturally the clan meta that will certainly evolve right away will be no commander, vehicle crewman and air crewman and simply have more bodies on the flags with strategic rally placement.

They will be winning all the matches while everyone else fiddles around with the new gear off the flags.