Sign in to follow this  
Atlan

Possible (Fix) For crashing issues.

When I first started playing squad many months ago, back when the dinosaurs lived. I had no issues, the game gradually over time felt more strange, and behaving more strangely, as they added patches, and updates.

As you might know, I have made several threads about crashing, and while it was on my end, its safe to say squad needs to make their users aware of one thing. At some point in time squad will remove the directX installer which will cause multiple crashes, unrelated to the directX, recently I started getting unreal engine crashed reports instead of the old ones.

Then checked the tutorial they had shown should fix it, and I had no folder, I had no installed directX folder, as I had to begin with, so for everyone crashing try to check out your game folder. Squad might have removed the directX folder. Which is located in the redist folder.

I don't crash anymore.
And remember, my crashes were not related to directX to begin with, so it might be that updates don't update directX and the game becomes unbearable, and crashing, so try to re-install, or install it again.

It also prompted me to download .net framework for the direct to work properly so its safe to say that at some point squad removed, or didn't update the directX required for the new textures, the new mods, etc.

Edited by Atlan

On 30.8.2019 at 6:55 AM, fuzzhead said:

Glad you got your crashing issues sorted Atlan!

Cheers, although I noticed that it fixed the crashing when it comes to playing maps where the teams are US, militia, etc, but when a canadian team is present I crash. 

So that is still an issue. But I hate the canadian team, so happy my game doesn't crash when its US maps. It used to crash playing any map, but the directx thing fixed that.

Edited by Atlan

Try contacting support about the CAF crashes, CAF just put out an update that fixed alot of issues, so perhaps your install of that DLC did get corrupted