Jump to content
Doperwtje

Please add vehicle Flip or Recovery function

Recommended Posts

Vehicles glitch a lot, they flip out of nowhere over a tree branch or get stuck on a rock.

 

Please add a vehicle recovery function to the game. It's extremely frustrating if your vehicle glitches over a branch and gets flipped.

 

I guess it isn't easy to prevent vehicles from flipping over some object, but adding a "reset" function will be! Or maybe the crewman kit can have a "jack"or "winch" to recover a vehicle.

 

Please please please please fix this glitch!  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dig to unflip is the simplest and most obvious solution to tie it to every other asset in the game.

Repair tool can work in the same way as shovel to unflip. Rotate flipped or nudge trapped vehicle gradually. Increase speed with more diggers.

 

Dig to Unflip! Buy your bumper stickers here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An option in the vehicle interaction menu would suffice. Vehicles flip for all kinds of nonsensical reasons atm so approaching it like a feature instead of a bug by adding some kind of digging mechanic misses the mark imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Slavinkje said:

An option in the vehicle interaction menu would suffice. Vehicles flip for all kinds of nonsensical reasons atm so approaching it like a feature instead of a bug by adding some kind of digging mechanic misses the mark imho.

Considering the fact that the way the vehicles interact with the game environment since day one hasn't changed significantly the only logical conclusion anyone could come to is that the programming is intentional so as to simulate realism. Essentially the player is being conditioned to stay on roads but learn that leaving them has significant risks as well.

 

IRL you're not going to be bushwacking cross country with the majority of the vehicle's and if you did you'd certainly have the potential to get stuck in a ditch, high centered on a log or flip your vehicle over on an incline.

 

Honestly, if you look at the parameters on the vehicles and the collisions of assets on the assets in the maps with a few mouse clicks you could be driving around like Michael in GTAV driving up the side of Mt. Chiliad but is that what you really want from this game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You're telling me that I should logically conclude that a tank bouncing off a treestump and flipping on its back is intentional? Now if the tracks broke and I was able to fix it like I would a broken track from a mine or something then I would follow your reasoning, but what you're proposing is nothing short of absolute nonsense.

Edited by Slavinkje
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My opinion is that veichles (trucks) should weight more, as their point of equilibrium is perceived as too high - meaning that they flip easily. When it comes to an example of bad driving instead... well, if you break an egg do not expect to fix it (no flip back button, please)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

certainly not just a button.

this why shovel or repair tool is perfect, it can take long enough to penalise bad driving with a time-to-dig-back. 

bugs from simulated physical interactions will probably always be present in some form we just need a reliable solution

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, suds said:

certainly not just a button.

this why shovel or repair tool is perfect, it can take long enough to penalise bad driving with a time-to-dig-back. 

bugs from simulated physical interactions will probably always be present in some form we just need a reliable solution

bugs < reckless driving in most cases. Some sort of recovery tanks would be possible if the average rounds would take longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Slavinkje said:

You're telling me that I should logically conclude that a tank bouncing off a treestump and flipping on its back is intentional? Now if the tracks broke and I was able to fix it like I would a broken track from a mine or something then I would follow your reasoning, but what you're proposing is nothing short of absolute nonsense.

My observations have absolutely nothing to do with reasoning. I'm simply saying that based on the fact that since the very first vehicle they've always been programmed to get stuck in ditches, high centered on logs/stumps/rocks and flipped over on inclines just like in real life.

 

How is it so hard to understand that the game is intentionally programmed to make you understand that going off road can have unintended consequences? Especially when you can go look at all the parameters in the SDK and see that with a few simple mouse clicks vehicles would never get stuck and if they flipped they would self correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not going to play word games or semantics with you. I'm not talking about a vehicle stuck in a ditch, nor was the original post about this. It is about a tank driving over a treestump, flying into the air as if it has no weight, and ending on it's back.

 

As for some of the other posters: I agree; there are plenty of bad drivers and I myself have flipped cars and trucks on their sides because I didn't take enough care and I have hit myself over the head because of it. At the same time I have had an equal amount of times where I did not drive carelessly and my vehicle flips over because the physics in this game mess up and launch a vehicle into the air completely outside of my control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so its ok for a shitbox to hit a 12" high tree sapling stump at 20mph and flip over? And then have no way to correct for this problem other than jumping on it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2019 at 7:40 AM, suds said:

dig to unflip is the simplest and most obvious solution to tie it to every other asset in the game.

Repair tool can work in the same way as shovel to unflip. Rotate flipped or nudge trapped vehicle gradually. Increase speed with more diggers.

 

Dig to Unflip! Buy your bumper stickers here.

Good idea but I don't know how are they going to make that work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×