Jump to content
drfreee

fall damage not realistic

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

in military i did worser jumps and nothing happend to me but in squad if i jump from one storey house i have dress my self i think thats too much and not realistic

Edited by drfreee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Getting ragdoll'd without damage could be a good middle ground. It would stop you from parkouring everywhere and it actually makes some sense. Falling from higher up should obviously damage as well as ragdoll you.

Edited by Jerkzilla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, drfreee said:

in military i did worser jumps and nothing happend to me but in squad if i jump from one storey house i have dress my self i think thats too much and not realistic

Post a video of you on YouTube jumping off the roof of this one storey house. That's 14 feet down. I'd like to see that. You don't even need to have the 70lbs. ruck or rifle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Post a video of you on YouTube jumping off the roof of this one storey house. That's 14 feet down. I'd like to see that. You don't even need to have the 70lbs. ruck or rifle.

can u talk without uk/usa measurements world using metric system. İ cant post a video to here but u can look youtube or other sources it is possible and i know and we doing that exercises with equipment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

While the fall damage might be a little over the top, and on the other side not. You can land wrong in many situations, and we're talking about war, picture yourself in a war zone, enemy snipers, IEDs, enemies around you. IF you need to rush off a roof, accidents happen. Now to be a little more realistic, men in real life, combat trained men in enemy territory can lose their life. 

This is a video game, if they allowed people to not take fall damage from falling off a house, they would bunnyjump and the game would become like some awful CS:GO, Arma clone. This is to make it more realistic, its not unrealistic that you take the fall damage, what would be unrelistic is some kid jumping around on roofs in a warzone. 

This is if not intended, a good idea to keep players more tactical.
Again, I am not a military guy, but I am pretty sure most military operations are on ground, its only special forces and other forces that actually do tactical observations on rooftops, and other things. And at times the military to spot out enemies with snipers, but you dont see them ever jumping around, they're very careful to get down carefully, and the way they came back up. They don't jump off the roof in the middle of a warzone.

So instead of rushing, take your time, play it tactical.

Edited by Atlan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, drfreee said:

can u talk without uk/usa measurements world using metric system. İ cant post a video to here but u can look youtube or other sources it is possible and i know and we doing that exercises with equipment

I'm not the one making the assertion that the fall damage in the game isn't realistic, that was you remember?

 

That's fine if you want to deflect by saying you're incapable of Googling what 14 feet converts to in the metric system, you don't understand how tall one storey typically is throughout the world, you mysteriously somehow can't post videos on YouTube and I simply should search YouTube myself to prove you right. That's no problem. However, none of those things validate your assertion though.

 

I still maintain that the fall damage is not only modelled correctly but the resulting bleeding and bandaging is the best system available.

 

Until you and the other previous five or so people that have made similar "fall damage isn't realistic" posts actually make videos of yourself jumping from high places with 70lbs rucks and rifles I'm going to trust the advisors that helped make the game.

 

 

 

Edited by Zylfrax791
,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

I'm not the one making the assertion that the fall damage in the game isn't realistic, that was you remember?

 

That's fine if you want to deflect by saying you're incapable of Googling what 14 feet converts to in the metric system, you don't understand how tall one storey typically is throughout the world, you mysteriously somehow can't post videos on YouTube and I simply should search YouTube myself to prove you right. That's no problem. However, none of those things validate your assertion though.

 

I still maintain that the fall damage is not only modelled correctly but the resulting bleeding and bandaging is the best system available.

 

Until you and the other previous five or so people that have made similar "fall damage isn't realistic" posts actually make videos of yourself jumping from high places with 70lbs rucks and rifles I'm going to trust the advisors that helped make the game.

 

 

 

in squad most things are not realistic why u bothering this that much u're getting healed with medic box but in real life getting shot means end off the war for you. İf you get shot to the leg you cant run but in squad you can run with bandaged wounds(+Without painkiller). And in real life usa army will get air support in squad you're getting 0 air support. nevermind devs not going to change 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, drfreee said:

in squad most things are not realistic why u bothering this that much u're getting healed with medic box but in real life getting shot means end off the war for you. İf you get shot to the leg you cant run but in squad you can run with bandaged wounds(+Without painkiller). And in real life usa army will get air support in squad you're getting 0 air support. nevermind devs not going to change 

They might add that later on? IF you haven't noticed this is early development. The game isnt even ready, you bought a product that isnt finished yet, I bet they will make other things, such as being able to carry a wounded person, if he got shot in the leg, or no lethal place, and its a game dude............... You are the unrealistic one, you want a game where you have to join a new server, or rejoin everytime you die? No. Nobody wants that, so I mean... dude just make some sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30.08.2019 at 9:00 PM, Atlan said:

They might add that later on? IF you haven't noticed this is early development. The game isnt even ready, you bought a product that isnt finished yet, I bet they will make other things, such as being able to carry a wounded person, if he got shot in the leg, or no lethal place, and its a game dude............... You are the unrealistic one, you want a game where you have to join a new server, or rejoin everytime you die? No. Nobody wants that, so I mean... dude just make some sense.

i dont wanna argue realy dumb topic man u jumped to soil with army boots from 3 metres ? i did that i know how to jump but if you jump to though ground it can hurt. İ know this is early development i buyed this game 2 years ago and still has same bugs and still needs some features but everybody in this topic not trying undestand man i said nevermind in my before message because i dont wanna argue i cant change your ideas than this conservation should end and we talking aggresive (İ am not native english talker but if i undestand correctly we talking aggresive maybe unrealistic has bad realy bad meaning idk)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, drfreee said:

i dont wanna argue realy dumb topic man u jumped to soil with army boots from 3 metres ? i did that i know how to jump but if you jump to though ground it can hurt. İ know this is early development i buyed this game 2 years ago and still has same bugs and still needs some features but everybody in this topic not trying undestand man i said nevermind in my before message because i dont wanna argue i cant change your ideas than this conservation should end and we talking aggresive (İ am not native english talker but if i undestand correctly we talking aggresive maybe unrealistic has bad realy bad meaning idk)

Tell me and answer me honestly. 
If you had two choices, for this genre of shooter, the whole plot that makes people want to play:

1. Take fall damage from jumping onto soil from 3 meters.

Or

2. Have 95% of all the servers players bunnyjump around roofs, and not even take the game seriously, like some CS:GO clone.

This is what you get, there is no other outcome, if they removed the fall damage you'd see people jumping around, and making macros to double jump everywhere, and that ruins the whole aspect. To take up fall damage in the first place is "Dumb", really dumb, you bought a tactical game, and you don't want to be tactical? - I only jump over walls I can get a mate to boost me over, I never jump down from rooftops, I ask for coverfire while running down those damn stairs where that one sniper knows I will be coming down at.

Its very simple, if you don't like fall damage, then you're not playing the game right.
Many people don't know this but, squad is actually not a push game, you're not really suppost to be running towards objectives at the speed everyone is, and build fobs right away, squad is intended to be realistic. You rally up, push up slowly with your team, and then you wait for the enemy to come, and the outcome of that will be a firefight head on, by the two factions. Because they will move closer and closer, and that's where the tactical gameplay starts.

But nobody does that, that's why you see enemies behind you half the time, and you don't actually get killed from infront, but from the side or behind you. 

Real life is slow paced until the action begins, I have studied the ancient youtube videos of actual marines in combat, and how they move, although it might not be a hundred percent accurate, and I meant this as a joke, as in its superficial knowledge, but again people are playing the game wrong for the most part.

A team that plays tactical like I explained it will always beat the normal tactics of just rushing, because people will get seperated, and its going to be a 9vs1 or 2-3 and where the 9 is tactical covering each other, the three are just mindlessly charging. So for anyone who actually does play like that "NIce!"

Edited by Atlan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone bunnyjump around anyway, as it doesn't reduce stamina faster than running, doesn't decrease speed and reduces chance of headshot, so your statement has nothing to do with fall damage to bleed of jumping of the tank turret after I just exited it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, paragonid said:

Everyone bunnyjump around anyway, as it doesn't reduce stamina faster than running, doesn't decrease speed and reduces chance of headshot, so your statement has nothing to do with fall damage to bleed of jumping of the tank turret after I just exited it

You probably got shot or you shouldn't jump off a tank???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've taken fall damage by falling of a teammates head. 
Taking damage going down the concrete walls that are max 2m is also a bit too much imo. Definately not high enough to cause injury. Otherwize an option to "climb down" with space from a ledge would be great. Like one of those climb mods on Arma 3. (go to ledge, look at it and press space and you climb down)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2.9.2019 at 11:34 AM, Tony32 said:

I've taken fall damage by falling of a teammates head. 
Taking damage going down the concrete walls that are max 2m is also a bit too much imo. Definately not high enough to cause injury. Otherwize an option to "climb down" with space from a ledge would be great. Like one of those climb mods on Arma 3. (go to ledge, look at it and press space and you climb down)

Note to self: Don't jump off another mans head. 
I have jumped from multiple buildings, and vehicles, and never taken fall damage, I crouch everytime I jump off something high just a reflex of mine idk, but never take the DMG, try it out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2019 at 9:02 PM, Atlan said:

Tell me and answer me honestly. 
If you had two choices, for this genre of shooter, the whole plot that makes people want to play:

1. Take fall damage from jumping onto soil from 3 meters.

Or

2. Have 95% of all the servers players bunnyjump around roofs, and not even take the game seriously, like some CS:GO clone.

This is what you get, there is no other outcome, if they removed the fall damage you'd see people jumping around, and making macros to double jump everywhere, and that ruins the whole aspect. To take up fall damage in the first place is "Dumb", really dumb, you bought a tactical game, and you don't want to be tactical? - I only jump over walls I can get a mate to boost me over, I never jump down from rooftops, I ask for coverfire while running down those damn stairs where that one sniper knows I will be coming down at.

Its very simple, if you don't like fall damage, then you're not playing the game right.
Many people don't know this but, squad is actually not a push game, you're not really suppost to be running towards objectives at the speed everyone is, and build fobs right away, squad is intended to be realistic. You rally up, push up slowly with your team, and then you wait for the enemy to come, and the outcome of that will be a firefight head on, by the two factions. Because they will move closer and closer, and that's where the tactical gameplay starts.

But nobody does that, that's why you see enemies behind you half the time, and you don't actually get killed from infront, but from the side or behind you. 

Real life is slow paced until the action begins, I have studied the ancient youtube videos of actual marines in combat, and how they move, although it might not be a hundred percent accurate, and I meant this as a joke, as in its superficial knowledge, but again people are playing the game wrong for the most part.

A team that plays tactical like I explained it will always beat the normal tactics of just rushing, because people will get seperated, and its going to be a 9vs1 or 2-3 and where the 9 is tactical covering each other, the three are just mindlessly charging. So for anyone who actually does play like that "NIce!"

It would not become a CS clone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Atlan said:

Note to self: Don't jump off another mans head. 
I have jumped from multiple buildings, and vehicles, and never taken fall damage, I crouch everytime I jump off something high just a reflex of mine idk, but never take the DMG, try it out. 

I dont jump off another mans head for fun. Sometimes you boost your teammates over fences or up onto roofs. If you slide off while on their head and you try to grab the ledge (and failing) you fall off and take fall damage. That kinda sucks and makes boosting eachother not feel worth it cause its tricky since you slide off so damn fast and take damage.

Huh. I always take damage from carefully falling off those concrete walls in urban desert maps(mostly). I believe I tried proning when falling, crouching and standing, still take damage >.< 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a little irritating that walls that are low enough to climb up somehow cause damage on the way back down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Skidborg said:

It is a little irritating that walls that are low enough to climb up somehow cause damage on the way back down.

Oh ya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

worst is suicide from small fall and the spawn penalty this causes.

 

If you are so hurt you can die you would lower yourself carefully. Actual damage should be capped below a certain height (say 3m for the point of this post) and any damage caused by the fall can be replaced with ragdoll for a period equal to the damage.

 

eg I have 10% health and fall 2m causing 20% damage I pass out for 10 seconds from the "pain"

If I fall 3m to cause 50% damage I pass out for 40 seconds as I have -40 health.

A fall of 4m would be too far to lower safely so damage can be normal and cause death by suicide.

 

Sprinting off an edge can remain normal damage but careful navigation of drops should never kill you. We are assuming competent soldiers not lemmings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×