red-moss

open game map, for second window

Posted (edited)

I've been squad leading for 10+ years starting back with PR, I would very much like to watch matches and streamers on twitch or youtube to pick up on a few new tricks but. The issue i often find is that i have no way to see the game map when i wont to, when watching some one else play. Unless they randomly take a glance at it. I made a few suggestions to some of the Streaming community to make a second window or stream that shows the map constantly, but for them to do this they have to have a second client that fills up an extra man slot on a server. (Is it possible to make a Console command that lets me view a second window just for the map, with out having a extra game client. So i can view it constantly for recording or streaming. ?) This would also make it easier for new players to learn how to squad lead as they would have a better learning curve when watching a playback, "lessons learned" stuff. For pro gamers and new comers. Also perhaps make the feature lockable with permissions. So server Admin can choose if they wont to have designated promoters/streamers/shout-casters or the like. Additionally the same feature would also be good for audio of the squad Command Radio as a single sound feed.

Edited by red-moss
add comment