Marco

Anti-personel Mines

Not much needs to be said about this, I believe trip mines, claymores and other anti-personel Mines would add an element of caution to urban combat. Whilst currently running and gunning into close quarters areas will rack you up easy kills, this will stop this or at least slow it down. I'm surprised it hasn't been added since we have anti vehicle mines already.

5 hours ago, Marco said:

Not much needs to be said about this, I believe trip mines, claymores and other anti-personel Mines would add an element of caution to urban combat. Whilst currently running and gunning into close quarters areas will rack you up easy kills, this will stop this or at least slow it down. I'm surprised it hasn't been added since we have anti vehicle mines already.

In my opinion they should have been in the game before there were even vehicles. Certainly they would be useful for protecting FOB's as well.

particularly Clays, although i think they would have to be nerfed from RL a bit - they have an extrordinary range, apparently - to better suit a/the game.

Clay mores will be overpowered but being able take a grenade and draw a trip wire with it would be nice. But just for rifleman. To make their roles equal to GL MG HAT LAT...

Most important that it wont pop up on map like mines.

So that people watch were they put them and not just put them everywhere.

15 hours ago, GUNNERBOMB69 said:

Clay mores will be overpowered but being able take a grenade and draw a trip wire with it would be nice. But just for rifleman. To make their roles equal to GL MG HAT LAT...

Then you would have some joker who traps the hab

On 9/8/2019 at 5:40 PM, GUNNERBOMB69 said:

Claymores and their equivalents (Russian MON 50) could be a good addition for a limited rifleman class. I don't think that trip wire detonation would be the best for the game though, seeing as they would likely be more common than the few mines placed on the road. With there being more of these, there would be an extreme likelyhood of teamkilling (I'm doubtful of people taking the placement of mines into consideration past the point of getting more enemy kills).

The best bet would be remote detonation from a limited distance. This would fit with the realism of the game as claymores in real life are rarely used with tripwire triggers (I don't even think that tripwires are issued with the claymore bandoleers irl).

no thanks. discussed at dismissed previously

On 9/16/2019 at 12:10 AM, Geebus said:

Claymores and their equivalents (Russian MON 50) could be a good addition for a limited rifleman class. I don't think that trip wire detonation would be the best for the game though, seeing as they would likely be more common than the few mines placed on the road. With there being more of these, there would be an extreme likelyhood of teamkilling (I'm doubtful of people taking the placement of mines into consideration past the point of getting more enemy kills).

The best bet would be remote detonation from a limited distance. This would fit with the realism of the game as claymores in real life are rarely used with tripwire triggers (I don't even think that tripwires are issued with the claymore bandoleers irl).

I'm thinking of something like this where you will place it down like an emplacement and it will only have a 2 meter between distance and the string will be visible enough to see. The sticks will also be visible unless you put them behind an object or in a bush/field. They would be put down around friendly FOB so if an enemy squad tries to sneak up. The friendly troops that are on the FOB will be notified if enemies didn't notice the tripwire. You could also be able to disable tripwires with a knife quietly. Also in real life TK's a lot more often because they don't have a map of friendlies. It goes as far as friendly tanks shooting each other.

dayz-0-57-tripwire-updated-with-soda-can