Z-trooper

Art Update #1 - Insurgent Weapons [Image Heavy]

Hi folks,

We are going to start doing a second set of regular updates besides our monthly one.

This series will focus on the art and content side of things – everything related to animations, models and textures will be posted here.

Today we want to show off some of the new Insurgent assets that you may not have seen yet.

RPK

First up is the RPK light machine gun.

It comes with 3 different sizes of magazines, a standard 30 round one, a medium sized one and a drum magazine.

In time you will see both the 7.62x39mm as well as the 5.45x39mm versions of the RPK. More on that later!

The models were made by Motherdear, and the textures were made by BuLL.

Spush also did some texture tweaks on the weapon.

D0mQpRu.jpg

X1UZJem.jpg

QlcWlDy.jpg

4MiT9Wr.jpg

5PisR6f.jpg

GP-25

Next up is the GP-25 grenade launcher.

The model is provided by Sasha, and textures have been done by Sasha and BuLL, with some tweaks from Spush.

Safe to say we are quite happy with the details on this and its parent weapon!

z3GKxKC.jpg

LAgGvYI.jpg

n0CCEDX.jpg

6nrNGB7.jpg

1E9oF03.jpg

Makarov Pistol
Next up we have a Makarov. Model is done by Sasha and textures are done by BuLL.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Animation preview
Last, but definitely not least, is a short preview of the animations for these weapons, they are of course all made by Chuc.

I hope you enjoy this little update, and we look forward to bringing you some more goodies.
Myself, Drav, Ghostdance101, Tim and Spush have not sat idly by while these things were being worked on, so look forward to more stuff in the near future.

- SQUAD art team

We are going to start doing a second set of regular updates besides our monthly one.

Just wondering, how often is "regular"? Are these going to be monthly also or do they come along whenever you feel you have something worth publishing?These are awesome guys! I'm so glad you all decided to make Squad!

seriously some great work there guys, keep it up!

especially the reload animations, they look so organic. good job chuc!

Nice work. I love the feeling of weight you get from the animations. Also the way he seemingly puts his mags into the pouches. Very cool.

Going to the pouch to grab/dump a mag looks great. Love the audio too.

Seriously. These are beautiful.

"Really Really Really Ridiculously Good Looking."

Posted Image

Made me el oh el

Going to the pouch to grab/dump a mag looks great. Love the audio too.

Yeah, made me jizz my pants.

The only thing that strikes me as slightly out of place on those weapons is the stenciled number on the GP25's barrel - I guess everyone will be using serial no. 7392?

Don't get me wrong, though - some great looking work up there. Nice animations, too.

I wonder how is gonna work the the RPK's magazines, I mean wich version is gonna have the 30 bullets sized one, the medium sized one, the drum one. Because I suppose we are not gonna have the choice to choose the mag we want to use.

Other than that, nice work on the models!

I wonder how is gonna work the the RPK's magazines, I mean wich version is gonna have the 30 bullets sized one, the medium sized one, the drum one. Because I suppose we are not gonna have the choice to choose the mag we want to use.

Who said we wont? :P 

:D I can't say this comed unexpected but was great to see some new here... just turned on Michael Jackson before watching this goodies. ;)

L'art pour l'art , which means art for the art.

I can say safely now that we will get Squad for Christmas. :)

We have planned an ammunition system that allows weapons with the same feed systems to interchange ammo, so for example the M249 and 30rnd stanag magazines, and as you can see with the RPK, 30 round AK47 magazines.