Florida

Noob Wants to Find the Right Server

First off, I'm always launching Squad from Steam (if that matters). I'm not a total flop, but an older vet, and I'm blown away by the list of servers available. I need to find someplace that isn't geared to the "professionals," and I just want to get into the online experience and  have fun. The few servers I've managed to get onto, I was totally lost in the group, most of whom seemed to have been playing together for awhile.

Are there servers where I can get my feet wet, be accepted as a noob, and learn the ropes? I follow Karmakut and Drewski up on FB to kinda figure out what's going on, but don't seem to know where they play, either. I just want to get into this and have fun.

Any suggestions would be humbly appreciated.

-= Florida =-

IMO, I'd stick to invasion servers until you get your feet wet. Its a simple game mode, you don't have to worry so much about moving around and allows you to focus on game mechanics.

Thanks for the positive comment there Zylfrax, glad that is an opinion that's out there. Yea Florida if you wanna swing by [|56|] just let the guys know you're new and we can help get you set up, we are geared as a learning friendly server.

Thanks, guys! I'm on my way right now. Hope to see ya soon! (That is. if you're online - any ideas when you're usually on, West?  I'm in NE PA. Eastern zone)

5 hours ago, lightswitch said:

I’d look at 56 Canadian learning server. Very nice guys there to have fun. 

That's where I went. Very popular...never got out of the queue! I'll be back, though.

Guess it partially depends on your region. I cant speak for anything outside central Europe, but "Squad Europe" has a good and solid Public Server with a lot of active moderators/admins.

Active and good moderation means that especially new players have a good environment to learn the game and you can often play with regulars that will also help you to make your first steps and further.