Sign in to follow this  
Jeremiah V

Canadian C79 Optic Problem / Quick Fix

The Canadian forces update lets us play with the weaponry of their military, which involves a whole lot of C79 optics (cousin to the Elcan series I think). The sight picture is a very thick vertical post with a point ranged at 100 m. The problem is that it is a very thick post ranged at 100 m that is nonadjustable. In real life (like the Elcan) the optic has a dial that you rotate that angles the entire body of the optic up/down to change your elevation setting. As such I know these optics are field adjustable just like AK irons are field adjustable (not zeroing, just quick elevation stuffs). In game this is not the case, which is a major issue for gameplay.

Multiple times in game I have attempted to engage targets at distances greater than 100m with the C79 optics and have had to wildly guess almost all my shots. With the ACOG series this is not an issue as there are bullet drop markers that do not obstruct your vision and thus you can reference where your shots hit and correct for the next ones or range the target and hold up for the corresponding distance. Due to the nature of the C79's reticule being a uniform thick black post it is not possible to easily see or reference your shots.

Long story short, please enable elevation adjustment for the C79 series of optics for all of the Canadian weapons... Please...

Thank you,

Sincerely, a guy who REALLY likes your game :D

Same with the SUSAT and the 1P29 optics! An optic that cannot adjust for range beyond 200m would be useless----even less applicable than ironsights on many maps. At present, Canadian faction is just pathetic on Nanisvik(which is a terrible map for infantry BTW). From my personal experience, as a PKP gunner I can just camp on top of a hill shooting downward an entire squad of Canadian infantries 400m away without getting hit even once after spending all my 500 rounds ammo.

Edited by Noobgamer

Cross posted to my optics thread. I didn't cover the ELCAN family in it. Thanks

On 09/08/2019 at 7:02 AM, Jeremiah V said:

The Canadian forces update lets us play with the weaponry of their military, which involves a whole lot of C79 optics (cousin to the Elcan series I think). The sight picture is a very thick vertical post with a point ranged at 100 m. The problem is that it is a very thick post ranged at 100 m that is nonadjustable. In real life (like the Elcan) the optic has a dial that you rotate that angles the entire body of the optic up/down to change your elevation setting. As such I know these optics are field adjustable just like AK irons are field adjustable (not zeroing, just quick elevation stuffs). In game this is not the case, which is a major issue for gameplay.

Multiple times in game I have attempted to engage targets at distances greater than 100m with the C79 optics and have had to wildly guess almost all my shots. With the ACOG series this is not an issue as there are bullet drop markers that do not obstruct your vision and thus you can reference where your shots hit and correct for the next ones or range the target and hold up for the corresponding distance. Due to the nature of the C79's reticule being a uniform thick black post it is not possible to easily see or reference your shots.

Long story short, please enable elevation adjustment for the C79 series of optics for all of the Canadian weapons... Please...

Thank you,

Sincerely, a guy who REALLY likes your game :D