thy (bra)

Exposed legs (religion inconsistency) in Insurgents

* Originally posted on July, 22th 2019 by me on Squad Community's Discord.

Inconsistency in the Squad's 3d model of Insurgents
Although a faction ONLY based on elements of real insurgency, all insurgent groups in both the Middle East and Southeast Asia adopt different Muslim branches but still moderate Islam rules. With this in mind, it is factual to say that it would be more consistent to have no insurgents wearing shorts in Squad game. As the Soo Kim report in The Telegraph newspaper points out, the Islamic countries' dress code is as restrictive for men as it is for women. For us from West and not Muslim, it seems just a silly detail, but it is not, even possible. 

Untitled-2.jpg

"The Insurgents are a semi-fictional playable faction in Squad. This faction was the first generic insurgent faction to be added to Squad. They are featured on Middle-Eastern and Southern Asian style theaters, usually against conventional factions." - Gamepedia Squad Wiki 

Here a more objective summary:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

TURKISH PEOPLE:

Islam (98%, where 80% sunni, 17% shia [ultra conservative], 1% others Muslim branchs) 

Turkish/Kurdish insurgents (PKK [Islam sunni 74%])

Peaceful-daytime-demonstrations-heading-
Citizens in there

1-RTXZLM9-570.jpg

Insurgents in there

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

SYRIAN PEOPLE:

Islam (71%, where 60% sunni) 

Syrian Insurgents (SRF-FSA [Moderate Islamist rules])

gettyimages-1037169860-8ed784d16db7953ac
Citizens in there

la-epa-iraq-conflict-fallujah-jpg-201401
Insurgents in there

IRANIAN PEOPLE:

Islam 99% (where 89% are Shia [ultra conservative])

Insurgents from Iran.

180511142732-05-iran-demonstration-0511-

Citizens in there

HUF2.jpg
Insurgents in there (Balochistan warriors, often mistaken for Pakistani origin.)

I lived a year in the Middle East, basically in Turkey and Iran. Although I had no contact with paramilitary groups, insurgents or even local/regular army, I lived with local families (Sunnis and Shiites) as my Instagram records well. Outside the privacy of their homes, shorts in public are impossible for adults because of a considerable lack of respect in Islam controlled for own scared society. 

Thanks for the opportunity to contribute.

Aldo Lammel (thy)

SOURCES:
Turkish sources: 
https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Turkish_people
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Turkey
https://www.thenational.ae/world/mena/iraq-struggles-to-expel-kurdish-militia-from-the-north-1.721080
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Kurdistan

Syrian sources:
https://news.wjct.org/post/how-world-reacting-trumps-decision-withdraw-syria
https://www.syriatruths.com/clashes-between-rival-terrorist-grops-in-nw-syria/

Iranian sources:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Iran
https://eaworldview.com/2013/12/iran-sunni-baloch-insurgents-union-hezb-ul-forqan-strengthens-front-safavids/

Edited by thy (bra)
link of my personal story in Mid-East.

What should I do to fix this "Pending Approval" since three months ago? I've not found out some help in my forum searches.  

16 hours ago, thy (bra) said:

What should I do to fix this "Pending Approval" since three months ago? I've not found out some help in my forum searches.  

Maybe stop assuming the religión of the insurgents faction.

In fact, stop assuming the religión of every faction. And what´s more, keep religión away from the videogame.

Edited by Nightingale87

Maybe stop assuming the religión of the insurgents faction. In fact, stop assuming the religión of every faction.
And what´s more, keep religión away from the videogame.

Hi, @Nightingale87.

At the moment when we have the Arab-faced insurgents speaking Arabic and using equipment found in the Middle East conflicts on landscapes-based maps of that region, take as an argument that the environment of the insurgent faction doesn't represent the Middle East insurgency and their influences is unfounded. Or Al Basrah has no mosque?

Squad is not a simulation, but neither is it a casual game. Attention to detail is one of the developer layers, and no one here is asking for the US uniform to be pink. I just want the American uniform to be closest to reality. The same for the Mid-East insurgency. 

As @fuzzhead wrote in Discord in the original post some months ago, himself had no clue that this inconsistency existed. That is, perhaps no one here is establishing religion on game. This is your mind, not mine. I am not fighting with you, even your message sounded rude. 

Edited by thy (bra)
"mosque" example.

On 12/12/2019 at 2:28 PM, Pluto is a planet said:

image.jpg

At home, @Pluto is a planet. As the first post, at home the things are a bit different. Even we can see US soldiers with no t-shirt on shots, it doesn't mean they are allowed to be shirtless on the front. Your example is awesome because show us another example how mess is their non-default loadouts. Videos from Funker530 helps A LOT also to see from inside the MidEast Insurgency world. 

Other footages: 

liXFYxt.jpg 
DQabscV.jpg

Of course we always will find out an exception although that won't the rule: 

fcjjVHg.jpg

Edited by thy (bra)
Some shots + added user tag

Let's assume those with exposed legs in the game are mercenaries from other countries

Edited by paragonid

So much ignorance here. The Insurgent models are fine.

The dress code defined in Islam comes first from the Quran and then the Hadith. I'm paraphrasing here but first and foremost the Quran says both men and women need to cover their private parts. That's all it says. The narrative about females needing to wear head scarves is a mistranslation.

That said, everything else related to dress codes comes from the "Hadith" (external supplemental writings created  over 200 years after Muhammad's death) and specifically "Sahih Bukhari".

Needless to say, men's pant legs need to be above the ankle but below the knee. What we in the West call "Capri's". I could provide you all kinds of links but you can easily look it up for yourself.

So much ignorance here

Maybe you've lived in Mid-East longer than me or you come from an Arabic family. I am bringing some personal and non-expert knowledge and observations. May you contribute without exposing your superb, @Zylfrax791

2 hours ago, paragonid said:

Let's assume those with exposed legs in the game are mercenaries from other countries

Hehehe... Why not, right?

3 hours ago, thy (bra) said:

Hi, @Nightingale87.

At the moment when we have the Arab-faced insurgents speaking Arabic and using equipment found in the Middle East conflicts on landscapes-based maps of that region, take as an argument that the environment of the insurgent faction doesn't represent the Middle East insurgency and their influences is unfounded. Or Al Basrah has no mosque?

Squad is not a simulation, but neither is it a casual game. Attention to detail is one of the developer layers, and no one here is asking for the US uniform to be pink. I just want the American uniform to be closest to reality. The same for the Mid-East insurgency. 

As @fuzzhead wrote in Discord in the original post some months ago, himself had no clue that this inconsistency existed. That is, perhaps no one here is establishing religion on game. This is your mind, not mine. I am not fighting with you, even your message sounded rude. 

Well....you are located in Bazil so.... I´m going to asume then you are a cristian and you waited virgin until marriage????

1- The fact that somebody has a certain religious background doesn´t mean they practice that religión.

2- Even people that practice a religión don´t follow all the dogmas.

3- I´m pretty sure that even if that soldier was a muslim, there must be somehting in his faith that allows him to skip some rules when he is IN A BATTLE FIGHTING FOR HIS GOD AND HIS LIFE!!!!…..

4- I wouldn´t like the devs to spend any time in "fixing" what would be a minor detail instead of focusing on other things.

5- I wasn´t trying to be rude. Sometimes consistant simple and short messeges sound rude, Specially in forums.

Well....you are located in Bazil so.... I´m going to asume then you are a cristian and you waited virgin until marriage????
1- The fact that somebody has a certain religious background doesn´t mean they practice that religión.

I'm Agnostic, former Atheist, never a Cristian. I know this could be hard to understand, but Mid-East life you don't understand through Youtube, Wikipedia or another way out of there. An advice for you: try to not presume.

Edited by thy (bra)

9 hours ago, thy (bra) said:

An advice for you: try to not presume.

That is exactly what I told you in the first post.

Maybe you got the point.

Btw. I was located in the middle east for 13 months.... just saying. Not that it brings anything to the discussion, but you seem to find it important.

Bottom line....

Read your original post, and then read your last post with the advice as a response..and voila... issue sorted.

No, @Nightingale87, you are fumbling with your quest to be right about something that there is no debate. I don't assume a faction's religion: Squad Insurgents ARE based on the Middle East insurgency as Squad's Gamepedia itself says: 

The Insurgent Forces is a semi-fictional playable faction in Squad. This faction is the first generic rebel faction featured in the game. They are featured on Middle-Eastern and Southern Asian style theaters, usually against conventional factions.

Evidence on Squad without assumptions or exceptions to rule:

• Insurgency with Arabic physiognomy;
  • Arabic-speaking insurgency (and would continue to be so if we heard words in Farsi or Turkish, for example);
  • Maps (Mutaha, Logar, Kohat, etc.) based on Middle Eastern landscapes;
  • Mosque in Al Basrah as the central flag in some layers;
  • Assets as a tapestry in the houses' rooftop in Sumari, suggesting a prayer place.

The only debate I bring here is what the game itself has already established: an Islamic insurgency that brings at least an inconsistency in the 3D model, regardless of the imaginative strand. Designing an insurgent wearing shorts is an inconsistency (even a cosmetic one). Maybe not committed by any other commercial bias game.

Squad's Gamepedia isn't ran officially by OWI.

Lets just say the models for the Insurgent faction have out of area fighters in their ranks fighting alongside them. Sorted.

Squad's Gamepedia isn't ran officially by OWI.

"Squad Official Wiki"

Yqu1udE.png

Or one step back to Official Squad Website:
OaeKOQE.png

Are you sure, @Melbo?

Economically speaking, just a skipped or out of place cosmetic for the Chinese Government to get Squad out of any marketplace. Maybe it's not even worth it, for example, to buy this fight. xD

Edited by thy (bra)
added img.

1 hour ago, thy (bra) said:

No, @Nightingale87, you are fumbling with your quest to be right about something that there is no debate. I don't assume a faction's religion: Squad Insurgents ARE based on the Middle East insurgency as Squad's Gamepedia itself says: 

Evidence on Squad without assumptions or exceptions to rule:

• Insurgency with Arabic physiognomy;
  • Arabic-speaking insurgency (and would continue to be so if we heard words in Farsi or Turkish, for example);
  • Maps (Mutaha, Logar, Kohat, etc.) based on Middle Eastern landscapes;
  • Mosque in Al Basrah as the central flag in some layers;
  • Assets as a tapestry in the houses' rooftop in Sumari, suggesting a prayer place.

The only debate I bring here is what the game itself has already established: an Islamic insurgency that brings at least an inconsistency in the 3D model, regardless of the imaginative strand. Designing an insurgent wearing shorts is an inconsistency (even a cosmetic one). Maybe not committed by any other commercial bias game.

Technically the "Islamic" part is an assumption….

Now … what really isn´t a debate is whether or not anybody is experiening a softer lower intensity immerssion because you can see the legs in a model….

Do you really think this is worthy of a debate at all???

And if your immerssion is suffering...then go read all the parts if the holy book for a certain faith and find all the parts that allows a faithful believer to skip some rules....for example...IN A BATTLE!!!....

and last...but not least….

the "Awrah" of a man...that is the part that is not suppossed to be exposed…. starts ABOVE THE KNEE!!!...… so no problema then….

There is nothing less interesting in this argument for me other tan to see how far you feel you need to take it...

3 hours ago, drfreee said:

1-u're not Muslim

2-a single Muslim said anything about shorts in this game 

3-shorts not banned in Islam

4-turkey secular country

5-these stats are wrong %98 percentage Muslim rate in turkey isn't right is just say on ur id and nobody changes it 

6-u lived there for 1 year but in every city, they have different culture and when internet come to these land their culture started to change a lot new generations doesn't have problems with that what u say. (Actually, maybe 5-10% of people maybe say something to you wearing shorts but most of them actually dumbass or they don't wanna see ur leg hair if you gonna wear shave  )

You're right at 1, @drfreee. About the 2, I really have no clue. There are some Squad Channels that I can't follow to say that. Maybe you read all of them.

Let's check where you are not:
3) Of course, not. You still using underwear but you are not allowed to going outside without some trouble. 
4) Gosh, you REALLY don't know Turkey beyond Istanbul and Ankara. If you're Turkish, you are failing with your homeland.
5) Wikipedia stats. Fix that for all of us with your knowledge and sources. It is easy to create an account and contribute.

6) I'm not saying about "regular" people. I'm talking about extremists who make an Insurgency. Or do they got the label "extremists" because of their tolerant of dogmas?

I'm a losing vote! That's fine! The success of the game will certainly not be tied to the detail of a simple flawed 3D model.

Solved.

Edited by thy (bra)
Always my browser destroy the quote formatting.

This is probably one of the most insignificant 'issues' in the game..

It was not hard to find photos of insurgents wearing shorts outside, not gonna bother to post them here but its clear that it happens. Most probably wont have shorts because its not really that great to wear shorts in a combat zone, it will probably be better to protect your legs from gravel, dirt or whatever is on the ground you are crawling around on. Plus that you would probably want to have some kind of camo if thats available to you.

And also: mixing Turks and Kurds and call them all the same would probably make both of them angry... PKK and YPG/YPJ are btw not 'islamic', they however dont allow soldiers in shorts because they have standard uniforms..

I'm from Turkey and i have no idea what you are talking about with wearing shorts in public being a problem?Also in Islam men can wear shorts as long as its covering above the knee caps.