=CDN= Wehmann

Solution to "Buddy Rally"

On 7/8/2019 at 1:06 AM, Slavinkje said:

How about have the Commander add another vehicle to the main base spawn for X amount of tickets from the team's total ticket pool? No magically dissappearing vehicles, and a cost for careless behaviour in tickets.

It is a good idea, and I would expand it a bit: what about having the CO purchasing ANY veichle, including those at the beginning of the round? In this way we may see asimmetrical approach to the same battle, and put and end to the rush to veichles requisition at the beginning of the match.

As Slavinkje says, no magical respawn of abandoned/damaged/far veichles should be implemented.

Prone to abuse though. Some troll putting 20 logi's in your main.

Either has to have a limit on numbers or a way that not evryone can become commander.

36 minutes ago, oTec said:

Prone to abuse though. Some troll putting 20 logi's in your main.

Either has to have a limit on numbers or a way that not evryone can become commander.

Agreed.

I understand your point. I hope that the commander role is somehow regulated in any case, as it will be more impacting than SLs for what I see so far!

Posted (edited)

I don't think it should even be a commander ability. Irregulars only, with a long cool down time. And possibly a limited range from where your SL died.

Even as a CMD ability it doesn't change how it's a mechanic that takes zero effort yet can grant a major advantage to someone who died(read: rewarding failure).

Edited by Chompster

How about: if there's a friendly helo in play, you can't buddy rally. If there isn't one, you can? 

Helos do the transport role and rally avoids massive, boring hikes. Just a thought.

On 10/27/2019 at 11:12 AM, Nightingale87 said:

Just get rid of buddy rally altogether!!!!

At this point helicopter's make the buddy rally redundant. Trouble is, they're not on every map. Buddy rallies kind of keep the momentum of the match upbeat and filled with action in order to keep players engaged. If it was up to me I'd not only get rid of buddy rallies but also HAB's as well.

5 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

At this point helicopter's make the buddy rally redundant. Trouble is, they're not on every map. Buddy rallies kind of keep the momentum of the match upbeat and filled with action in order to keep players engaged. If it was up to me I'd not only get rid of buddy rallies but also HAB's as well.

You can choose between everyone who spawns on buddy rallies forced back to 3mags+2patches regardless of how much ammo they died with.
Or buddyrally removal.

As for HAB, that's an easy fix: make every spawn cost 50 ammo or however much rifleman kit cost.

Edited by EcchiRevenge

just delete the buddyrally

more helicopter maps and layouts ... even for militia pls! make them almost a standard asset.

(teleport from main to FOB without ammo to make vehicle recovery worth it. If i die and teleport or teleport from main makes no difference. (i know this is a nono from alot but i dont get why.))

still i fear after all those surveys we are just the loud minority.

Edited by gshAT

1 minute ago, gshAT said:

just delete the buddyrally

more helicopter layouts ... even for militia pls!

(teleport from main to FOB without ammo to make vehicle recovery worth it. If i die and teleport or teleport from main makes no difference. (i know this is a nono from alot but i dont get why.))

still i fear after all those surveys we are just the loud minority.

it's called survivor bias.

People who are sick enough of squad's casual direction likely stopped playing and never heard of the survey.

22 hours ago, EcchiRevenge said:

it's called survivor bias.

People who are sick enough of squad's casual direction likely stopped playing and never heard of the survey.

+1

And dont forget… in all those "surveys" buddy rally always had more negative than positive feedback. Still...there it is.

5 hours ago, Nightingale87 said:

+1

And dont forget… in all those "surveys" buddy rally always had more negative than positive feedback. Still...there it is.

The thing is do you guys actually remember why "Buddy Rally" and persistent ammo was implemented in the first place? In my opinion it was simply a reaction to the clans cheesing the original rally system for so long. Essentially with their technique though it was actually a "Super Buddy Rally" in a sense.

So remember the timeline? First a rally point only had 9 spawns so as an SL you'd really need to worry about life preservation. Still, with that system a two man vanguard could push ahead to the next flag and drop a rally, unlock the squad and seven more dead players would quit their squad, join and spawn in fully armed and speed capping the flag.

If you get rid of buddy rally the clan meta will return only this time they'll simply supply off the transport.

Every single major change in the actual game mechanic thus far has been a reaction related to the clan meta. First it was the "Rush Meta", then the "Meatgrinder FOB Meta", then the clans were cheesing the role system by joining a squad until everyone got the good roles, crappy roles then quitting and forming another uber squad.

The only real fix would be a complete overhaul at this point. Make it so you need to have a full nine man squad to even drop a FOB, three people to drop a rally and the rally is limited to 9 spawns again.

The catch would be those rally spawns would only be limited to those specific nine squad members when the particular rally was dropped and you would only get one respawn per person until it was refreshed again. So no more a la carte musical chairs rally point for cheesing.

1 hour ago, Zylfrax791 said:

The thing is do you guys actually remember why "Buddy Rally" and persistent ammo was implemented in the first place? In my opinion it was simply a reaction to the clans cheesing the original rally system for so long.

I don´t think so.

That isn´t the reason why buddy rally came to be. And that is one of the reasons some people are frustrated. Nobody asked for it. It came to fix something that wasn´t broken for ONLY DEVS really know what reason.

And we hit this point again. Some people think buddy rally came to keep people in the action all the time. Making the game more addictive and appealing to a broader audience. As you said. They want to make money. 

29 minutes ago, Nightingale87 said:

I don´t think so.

That isn´t the reason why buddy rally came to be. And that is one of the reasons some people are frustrated. Nobody asked for it. It came to fix something that wasn´t broken for ONLY DEVS really know what reason.

And we hit this point again. Some people think buddy rally came to keep people in the action all the time. Making the game more addictive and appealing to a broader audience. As you said. They want to make money. 

You missed my point though. The clans which basically run the whole front end of the game were cheesing the old rally point system way harder than the buddy rally system ever did. If anything, persistent ammo and buddy rally are nerfing their meta now.

On 3.11.2019 at 5:41 PM, Zylfrax791 said:

If you get rid of buddy rally the clan meta will return only this time they'll simply supply off the transport.

there is nothing hindering you to do it now with BR in game.

there is nothing hindering you to have a 2 man squad dropping rallys and let everyone else buddyrally there. still i havent seen this tactic quite a lot.

(btw: a normal riflemen kit almost costs 100 ... so you wouldnt be able to arm a full squad just with a transport)

i cant see the relation of buddyrally's invention to cheesing the RP system and how BR should help with that problem or nerf this meta.

persistent ammo actually helped reducing the effectivness of said tactic, yes. but this was also and maybe in first place invented to fight the (cooker)fobs which were placed all over the map and asked for a long time by alot of people.

and i think iam with nightingale that BRs are here to just keep the action going at the cost of what some of us consider quality gameplay.

Edited by gshAT

On 11/3/2019 at 10:41 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

The thing is do you guys actually remember why "Buddy Rally" and persistent ammo was implemented in the first place? In my opinion it was simply a reaction to the clans cheesing the original rally system for so long. Essentially with their technique though it was actually a "Super Buddy Rally" in a sense.

So remember the timeline? First a rally point only had 9 spawns so as an SL you'd really need to worry about life preservation. Still, with that system a two man vanguard could push ahead to the next flag and drop a rally, unlock the squad and seven more dead players would quit their squad, join and spawn in fully armed and speed capping the flag.

Every single major change in the actual game mechanic thus far has been a reaction related to the clan meta. First it was the "Rush Meta", then the "Meatgrinder FOB Meta", then the clans were cheesing the role system by joining a squad until everyone got the good roles, crappy roles then quitting and forming another uber squad.

The only real fix would be a complete overhaul at this point. Make it so you need to have a full nine man squad to even drop a FOB, three people to drop a rally and the rally is limited to 9 spawns again.

The catch would be those rally spawns would only be limited to those specific nine squad members when the particular rally was dropped and you would only get one respawn per person until it was refreshed again. So no more a la carte musical chairs rally point for cheesing.

It being a terrible attempt at "fixing" another problem isn't an excuse.

On 8/6/2019 at 3:30 PM, Thr34t said:

So if I strategically take out a vehicle crew and hold the asset hostage there will be a magic "whoops,  do over!" button for them to use? I thought you stated you didn't want it to be forgiving and "casual," but this is literally the direction you just pushed for. They made a mistake by letting me capture their vehicle... they should be punished for it.  If they want it back they can fight my squad for it.

The vehicle isn't captured. Otherwise you'd be able to use it. Its been de crewed. If its considered lost, then the enemy can replace it similar to how a new one magically appears in main if it was destroyed. A vehicle being de-crewed and abandoned and then not being able to replace it until you recover or destroy it, makes no sense. The only way it would make sense is if you had a set number of vehicles for the entire game and you had no more replacements remaining to deploy. As it stands, a vehicle that has its tires shot out is sometimes worse than a vehicle being outright destroyed. 

Edited by warrior6

2 hours ago, warrior6 said:

As it stands, a vehicle that has its tires shot out is sometimes worse than a vehicle being outright destroyed. 

thats one of the reason i think i would prefer it if you could switch to crewman kit on every vehicle at no costs. so even when its empty! but not too sure about it.

On 11/4/2019 at 10:13 PM, warrior6 said:

The vehicle isn't captured. Otherwise you'd be able to use it. Its been de crewed. If its considered lost, then the enemy can replace it similar to how a new one magically appears in main if it was destroyed. A vehicle being de-crewed and abandoned and then not being able to replace it until you recover or destroy it, makes no sense. The only way it would make sense is if you had a set number of vehicles for the entire game and you had no more replacements remaining to deploy. As it stands, a vehicle that has its tires shot out is sometimes worse than a vehicle being outright destroyed. 

A vehicle doesn't need to be useable to be considered captured. When I was in the military we captured plenty of assets with zero intentions on using them. 

"If it is considered lost then the enemy can replace it"? That didn't even make sense.  

A vehicle being de-crewed or abandoned and not being able to have it again until recovered DOES make sense.  Your logic in this post is nonsense thinking. 

It is very arcady to use a vehicle stupidly,  have it captured, and then have the option to press a magic button which fixes it and transports it back safely to base. Allow your vehicle to be captured or abandon it and you pay the consequence of not having it until you recover it. Any other way is illogical. 

The only exception I can see is if you go to the vehicle and demolition it, or have it blown up by a air support, bu even then it should have a very long respawn penalty attached.  This only stipulation is because it IS realistic for an asset in enemy's control to be demolished if possible.  Normally this doesn't mean getting a new one for free, but I'd reward that type of gameplay instead of just pressing a button.

Edited by Thr34t
To be less rude

A commander will have the ability to recover logis but probably not in the way most people think.

If the commander has the ability to place an artillery strike anywhere on the map, guess what he is gonna use it on? That is the penalty for recovery is the cooldown for another strike that could have been used on the enemy but instead is used to destroy a logi and send it back to main. 

On 8/7/2019 at 10:25 AM, Slavinkje said:

Tbh I don't even know if I agree with the whole idea of having the ability to replace abandoned vehicles during the match at all. It sounds to me that in such a case too many risks were taken and the opposite team deserves to win. Learn from it and next game don't take so many risks. But IF such a mechanic were implemented I would only see it being fairly implemented if the Commander gets the ability to replace 1 SUPPLY vehicle (so no MBT's, no IFV's, no MRAPS, literally nothing but 1 Supply truck) for X amount of tickets every 30 minutes. If you manage to waste that vehicle as well you're really just a team of idiots that deserves what's coming to you and you'll be ****ed for at least another 30 minutes or until the game ends.

I totally agree with you honestly Enemy team should be punished for playing too aggressively. Most SLs play way too aggressive and overextend. Why do they keep doing this over and over again and expecting a different result? I would say insanity, but really it is just that they don't get to learn because they can just spawn on some other dude's buddy rally point. 

On 11/2/2019 at 3:13 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

Taking HABS out of the picture might make the game too slow IMO. Only spawning from mainbase? We may as well play Arma 3 at that point. I play Squad because I don't have to sit in the back of a truck for 30 minutes to die in a firefight that lasts 30 seconds like arma 3 AAS. However, I don't mind waiting 5 minutes to get into the action. 

3 hours ago, Nossa said:

Taking HABS out of the picture might make the game too slow IMO. Only spawning from mainbase? We may as well play Arma 3 at that point. I play Squad because I don't have to sit in the back of a truck for 30 minutes to die in a firefight that lasts 30 seconds like arma 3 AAS. However, I don't mind waiting 5 minutes to get into the action. 

30 minutes is a complete exaggeration. I've done numerous time trials on all the bigger maps in Squad with transport trucks and the longest it takes to drive from end to end diagonally is less than eight minutes. So that puts you back in the action around the center flags in around 3-4 minutes in either a full sized logi or transport. Small militia or insurgents truck shave around a minute off those times as well. Go in the console and try it if you don't believe me.