Sign in to follow this  
Cancer_Quest

Iraqi Army Faction Suggestion

If you've seen some footage of the Iraqi troops battling ISIS, you will notice that they are packing heat from the US. They have a bunch of hand-me-down gear like humvees, m16s, m249s, Abrams, etc. However, they still use their old soviet era weapons and vehicles alongside the US ones. It would be a US Army and Militia hybrid army. They are a force to be reckoned with and will be no pushover against factions like the Insurgents or Militia, but will have a harder time going against more conventional and modern armies like Russia, US, or Great Britain. I hope this will be an extended discussion where we can turn this into reality. Below are some images I've pulled from Google to help convey my points. 

Related imageImage result for iraqi abramsImage result for iraqi troopsImage result for iraqi troops

Please no more sandbox factions. The only biome not yet covered in Squad of course is a tropical environment.

The biggest problem with another new official non-mod faction is honestly we're kind of running out of unique camouflage patterns and weapons that are both current and yet don't resemble the current factions already in the game.

That said a generic tropical faction that has some variation of lizard or tiger stripe camo using HK's and FN FAL's would make the most sense. Call them the Rebels, Cartel or something vague and generic like that similar to the Ghost Recon Jungle Storm faction MFLC or the Rebels in Joint Operations.

This way they are generic yet distinctive looking enough to be the adversary in SE Asian, Central African and South American maps which could be created with all the existing assets already in the SDK like palm trees, ferns, misc. foliage and all the wood shacks & bridges etc.

In general if you want to see a faction in the game that the devs have not said they will add then you should assume it would only be added through a mod (or mod turned DLC like Canada). So if you really want to get some iraqis in the game then I suggest you either get yourself a team or learn to make anything related to the faction. And if it's any good the devs might even add it to the game.