Posted (edited)

Hello,

Please don't kill me if someone already asked this question, i was not able to find anything about it.

So let me ask, will Squad someday support VR headsets?

Or can we fund such a project on kickstarter? What do you think about it?

I mean, VR is really ready already. There is a game like onward. But it's not the same as the KING OF PVP - Squad.

We could wait until Squad is done, with helicopters, new factions etc.

And then you guys, OFFWORLD INDUSTRIES, you could open a new project on kickstarter.

Transfer from Squad vanilla to VR shoudn't be that difficult. EDIT: (Is this difficult?) Let's say we could fund 50 to 100 $, so you would be able to invest in more marketing for both games.

Let's discuss about it.

Greetings

Dave

Edited by David_Armstrong1988

An earlier version of squad was actually unofficially compatible with VR... some of us got to experience the amazingness.  The only real noticeable bug was no recoil. The stuff that enabled VR was removed. While it was awesome,  I highly doubt it will come back. 

11 minutes ago, Thr34t said:

An earlier version of squad was actually unofficially compatible with VR... some of us got to experience the amazingness.  The only real noticeable bug was no recoil. The stuff that enabled VR was removed. While it was awesome,  I highly doubt it will come back. 

Yea, i know the video from youtube. I know they removed that option. Also because of the ability of looking behind corners (?) <--- maybe this is wrong. My friend told me so.

We've dabbled with some "Squad experiences" in VR, but it's not very likely that we'll see the full game in there for another hardware generation or two -- the performance to run Squad at that level likely isn't available to most people just yet. (Heck, there's only a handful of folks on the team that have any regular VR use.)

Not impossible, but not something we're currently working on either.

Posted (edited)

As cool as it is, most current mainstream headsets suck at long distance clarity.  It works in onward because it is mostly close quarters with just a little bit of midrange.  Even in that game, which was 100% designed for VR, the level of clarity just isn't there unless you can pump up super sampling to the max... but honestly even then it is held back by headset hardware. Screen Door Effect is a major issue with both the rift and the vive. I'm sure some day we will have this,  but my guess is at least another 5 to 10 years.

Edited by Thr34t