Sign in to follow this  
Cedrus

PR oldie, Squad newbie

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, rincewind said:

Yep. Why would I defend a flag? Boring. I can just rush to the next one, get my share of shoot'em'up there and teleport back to continue.

It is not only about flags. You have all the tools given to you (instead of taken away) to just have constant action at any point of the game. 

Leaving the flag undefended still happens in PR frequently if you didn't notice. But then it's either "walk from main" due to not having any fobs and magical RP's or team effort to regroup and get things right.

True. If you decide to spawn on a foward fob and leave your rally on defense in a safe spot, you can basicly be on one flag and on another on standby.

There is no restriction on the rally except the lack of ammo nearby.

Edited by oTec

On 3/8/2019 at 11:40 PM, Cedrus said:

I would appreciate it if some of you (especially PR vets) could answer..

1. PR walked on a fine line between immersion (realism) and fun. How does it compare to squad on that scale?

2. Does squad intend to be anything more than a spiritual successor? What am I to expectfor the first time playing, differently than a round of PR?

Good questions.

1. This is not PR. This is a Good game with te possibility to be all the time in the action. Of course, everyboyd knows that if all the game is instant action, then action itself losses it´s meaning. If ou get what I mean,...then...you get what I mean. 

2. Well, they advertized SQUAD that way, but right now… it´s a big NO. It´s more like BF2 successor

What you can expect Will vary from server to server and from the hour of the day in which you play. And also the squad you join. Now, not even in the most immersive server with the most seasoned squad Will you experience PR gameplay. Why?, well, because those said players Will be playing SQUAD and SQUAD mechanics, which are not very immersive. why?...

A- Life in SQUAD values almost nothing. After you know how the game goes you Will never feel that you are better off alive. You Will actually realice that you´re move valuable for your team dying over and over trying to cap the point than alive just keeping overwatch.

B- You get to respawn quite quickly and VERY close to action, and the location of your respawn is guaranteed to be close to the action. 

You can actually do the old "you killed me now I Will respawn and go where you killed me from and get you from the back" kind of meta present in all the arcady shooters. Because you literally spawn metres away from the fight. 

Now my advise from my experience at the moment is:

I have played PR 3/4 hours since v13 came out. Why? just to check if they change anything sinificant to gameplay. And...no. They haven´t. After one round I´m honest with myself and no matter how much I want to enjoy the game (I really want to enjoy it), I realice I don´t. 

Now, I´m amazed what the SQUADOPS guys do. That looks great. One life event every week. Those are immersive. And SQuad shows ALL ITS POTENTIAL. 

Basically that´s why I´m still around SQUAD, SQUAD OPS one life events. The vanilla game is eye Candy and I understand why many people enjoy it.

Squad's gameplay feels very much like PR with the right people, sure there are a few things left to iron out such as the buddy rally, general rally's lack of restrictions and not going dead dead often, but it's on the right track. I've been playing PR since 2008, and even though I still hop into it for the varied assets gameplay and the nostalgia, I thoroughly enjoy Squad's infantry gameplay.

On 9/2/2019 at 12:40 PM, Nightingale87 said:

Good questions.

1. This is not PR. This is a Good game with te possibility to be all the time in the action. Of course, everyboyd knows that if all the game is instant action, then action itself losses it´s meaning. If ou get what I mean,...then...you get what I mean. 

2. Well, they advertized SQUAD that way, but right now… it´s a big NO. It´s more like BF2 successor

What you can expect Will vary from server to server and from the hour of the day in which you play. And also the squad you join. Now, not even in the most immersive server with the most seasoned squad Will you experience PR gameplay. Why?, well, because those said players Will be playing SQUAD and SQUAD mechanics, which are not very immersive. why?...

A- Life in SQUAD values almost nothing. After you know how the game goes you Will never feel that you are better off alive. You Will actually realice that you´re move valuable for your team dying over and over trying to cap the point than alive just keeping overwatch.

B- You get to respawn quite quickly and VERY close to action, and the location of your respawn is guaranteed to be close to the action. 

You can actually do the old "you killed me now I Will respawn and go where you killed me from and get you from the back" kind of meta present in all the arcady shooters. Because you literally spawn metres away from the fight. 

Now my advise from my experience at the moment is:

I have played PR 3/4 hours since v13 came out. Why? just to check if they change anything sinificant to gameplay. And...no. They haven´t. After one round I´m honest with myself and no matter how much I want to enjoy the game (I really want to enjoy it), I realice I don´t. 

Now, I´m amazed what the SQUADOPS guys do. That looks great. One life event every week. Those are immersive. And SQuad shows ALL ITS POTENTIAL. 

Basically that´s why I´m still around SQUAD, SQUAD OPS one life events. The vanilla game is eye Candy and I understand why many people enjoy it.

Totally agree.

Squad Athena mod (inspired pr mod) is better than squad!

I am pr veteran and I hate squad.. 

I thinking to refund.

Edited by danielritual

4 hours ago, danielritual said:

Squad Athena mod (inspired pr mod) is better than squad!

I am pr veteran and I hate squad.. 

I thinking to refund.

Lets support the modders! 

Lets make it happen!